Wednesday, May 28, 2014

10 Weeks & 11 Pounds.

Well I can't believe it, but it has been 10 weeks since I changed my eating and fitness habits. I am happy to say that it really has become a habit and something that I just do. Working out has become just another part of my daily routine. On my rest day I feel so lazy and have to fight the urge to throw on my running shoes and go for a quick jog. It's funny that a few months ago I was saying things like, "I hate working out!! I like junk food WAY too much to eat healthy!" I'm SO happy I found something that works for me. That really is the key to making changes that are going to stick. Do what works for YOU.

So far I've lost eleven pounds and 11 inches! I know that might not seem like much, but I am short so eleven pounds is a bigger deal. I honestly don't think anyone can see a difference, but I definitely can. And I FEEL so much better! I have so much more energy and rarely take naps anymore (I used to have one almost every day!) I rarely get headaches anymore (I also used to have one almost every day!) I just feel happier and healthier. My resting heart rate has gone down significantly! It is so nice to know that what I am doing is not only making changes on the outside, but changes on the inside for my health! My resting used to be around 85 and now it is 64! My poor heart was working way too hard.
I can see the difference in my face too.
It has been so easy for me to stick to my 1300-1500 daily calorie plan that I'm actually worried it will be hard to eat more calories once I'm down to my goal weight! I snack on fruits and veggies during the day, instead of empty carbs and I eat a big bowl of broccoli every night before dinner. Other than that, I eat pretty "normal" food. I've definitely tried to cut down on processed foods (Mac and Cheese once every other week instead of three times a week, no more white rice, etc.), I've cut way back on my sweets, added more protein, and learned the power of portion control. I don't have any restrictions (like no treats), because there's no way I would be able to keep that up and I'm trying to establish a life change. This is not just a "diet"--I hate that word!

I just can't live without ice cream...It's all about portion sizes!
A typical dinner--brown rice (such a hard transition from yummy white), broccoli, and tilapia (I eat fish now! What?!)
I've started to include running into my workouts. I've never been a fast runner, but I've always liked it. I used to run every day until I really hurt my hip. For years it hurt to even walk long distances and I had to do physical therapy. So, I'm trying to take it easy and only run every other day, and for short distances (2-3 miles). But, on Saturday I was really dumb and I ran really fast (8:35 mile!) for 3 miles and now I have shin splints. So I'll be taking a break from running for a little while and hopefully be able to start again in a few weeks. I really need to learn my lesson... my body just doesn't handle running well so I have to take it EASY.

this was the day I broke my ten minute mile average. I do interval training, so jog for a few minutes and then sprint for 30 seconds. It has really helped me to get faster.
In between my running days, I'm still doing Jillian Michaels workouts. I don't look toned or have those 6-pack abs she promised, but I can tell that I've built more muscle. Not much, but I feel stronger. But maybe it's all in my head because I've challenged Landon to an arm wrestle and I still lose just as fast :)

I thought I would've lost more weight at this point, and sometimes it is frustrating when the number on the scale doesn't budge for a week or two, but I have to remember that it's not all about the number. My pants are getting so loose that I can easily pull them down without unbuttoning them (time to go shopping!) and shirts that used to be tight on me are starting to get loose. So changes are happening and I just need to be patient :)

this before and after will have to do... my real "before" picture is in my sports bra
I still have about 6 pounds to go until I reach my pre-marriage weight, but I don't think I'm going to stop there. I guess we will see. All I know is that I'm really motivated to be at healthy weight before I get pregnant. So when that does happen, I will be able to keep working out (you can't start working out once you get pregnant, but you CAN continue to workout if you're already exercising before) and I will already be in the habit of eating healthy for me and for the baby.

But don't get too excited, because it's not happening yet...but I'm a planner and I like to be prepared ;) 

5 comments:

  1. Hannah you look great! And you are so motivational and you make it look so easy and doable. Trust me it will make all the difference during your pregnancy to keep up your exercise routine. You'll gain more healthily and feel better and lose weight quicker after the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! Keep it up and good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, you look fantastic! So happy for you. By the way, Ellie and I are shedding the pounds at alarming rates too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I love that before and after shot! You look amazing and I'm so glad you FEEL better too. That alone makes it all worth it huh?? Good for you for teaching your body that your mind is in control. That was my favorite part. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...