Monday, June 2, 2014

25.

So, I'm a quarter of a century old! That's pretty legit you guys. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. I just kind of felt sad saying goodbye to 24. It was a really good year. I think maybe my best one yet. I feel like I grew up a lot and learned a lot and experienced a lot. That's a lot of a lot's! But 25 should be a good year too. I have a good feeling about it.

Me on my birthday. We have a big mural of pictures back home and my sister-in-law saw this picture and asked, "who is that Asian baby?!" Yep, that's me. In all my puffy-swollen glory :)
You all know I'm a huge fan of birthdays, and I love being the birthday girl. I'm seriously overwhelmed by the amount of calls, texts, voicemails, Facebook posts, cards, etc. that I received. Oh man, you sure know how to make me feel special! I just feel very loved and very blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people! THANK YOU!

Alright, so how did we celebrate my big 2-5? Well, we were planning on celebrating by spending the entire weekend on the boat. And it would've been the perfect weekend for it... windy, sunny, warm. But, through a series of unfortunate events (like dropping a very important piece of hardware in the water that we had to order and is currently being shipped to us), our boat is currently un-sailable at the moment. Big huge bummer! So, we had to make new plans.

I grew up camping and hiking and being outside, so I decided I wanted to celebrate my birthday by going on a hike! Since my birthday was on a Sunday, we celebrated on Saturday and drove out to the gorge to hike to the top of Multnomah Falls. I'm not kidding, when we got to the gorge and I saw the river and the cliffs and the trees, my heart just started pounding. The beauty literally takes my breath away. I love Oregon!


Luckily, the trail wasn't very busy and we plowed up the switchbacks in under 30 minutes. It was a lot shorter/easier than I thought it would be--I was planning on the hike taking most of the day! Woops.

I cannot get over this view.


Once we got to the top it was a really weird feeling to see the sharp drop off and the water just plummeting down. It gave me butterflies!



All I could think every time I looked over at this drop off was Emperor's New Groove:
Pacha: Uh-oh.
Kuzco: Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge waterfall.
Pacha: Yep.
Kuzco: Sharp rocks at the bottom?
Pacha: Most likely.
Kuzco: Bring it on.
We decided to sit by the river on some rocks and eat our lunch. It was quiet and peaceful, but then 50 other people decided it looked like a nice place to sit... Ugh! I get so bugged because seriously there was a whole river and they chose right where we sat to congregate. Haha I can be a little snobby sometimes :)



So we climbed across the rocks and found a nice place in the middle of the river to hang out. Ha--good luck following us out there suckers! ;)




It was so pretty and so peaceful. The water was freezing, but I took off my shoes so I could just step in the river instead of jumping from rock to rock like Landon did.


chilling in the middle of the river :)


I did not cross this log. However, I did fall pretty big time right after taking this picture. Ouch!
After our hike we came home and watched a movie, went to Red Robin for dinner, and then went on a bike ride. It was a very relaxing, but perfect day!

My actual birthday (Sunday) was a pretty chill day. It started out with some snuggles with the whole family (I love mornings with my boys!) and we pretty much laid around until church at 1.

After church I got my birthday present--a Macbook Air! I am OBSESSED! I got the smaller 11-inch one because it is just WAY too cute. It is so light and tiny! I've never really used Mac computers, so there's going to be a little bit of a learning curve, but I spent the rest of the day playing with it and figuring out how to use it.



For dinner we had halibut, red potatoes, and of course broccoli and then I splurged with a huge bowl of ice cream ;)

It was a very chill day, but I was just so happy to spend it with my three boys who spoiled me rotten and made me feel so special.

It was also my cute dad's birthday yesterday too. It's really hard to be away and not celebrating together, but it sounds like he had a great day too. I love sharing my birthday with my daddy. I feel like we have a special bond because of it :) he has always told me I was his best birthday present!


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Happy 25 little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday! I can hardly wait to hike Multnomah Falls. That looks absolutely amazing! What a view. I'm a little nervous about turning 25 too...you'll have to let me know how it is! I love that you splurged with a big bowl of ice cream. You totally have to do that on your birthday! I'm glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...