I debated about blogging this, especially because I hope my future kids will read my blog one day, but I figure it's okay because they won't read it until they're older anyway ;)
For some reason, Landon and I have never celebrated Easter together. I guess I just thought that Easter baskets and Easter egg hunts were just for kids. But that's kind of silly... I mean we still celebrate Halloween and Christmas and holidays are just so fun! So I don't really know what we were thinking not celebrating it all these years. (I just realized we have had six Easters together. Woah!)
So this year, I took control and decided that the Easter bunny was going to visit us. Nothing too fancy, just a good ole fashioned Easter egg hunt. Landon had no idea I was planning this, so I had to be super sneaky. There's something I should mention, I don't have a sneaky bone in my body....
So last night I set my alarm for 4 a.m. so I could wake up and hide all the pre-filled eggs. Landon usually doesn't wake up to my alarm for work, so I thought it would be perfect. Well, I must've been really excited because I woke up at 1 a.m. and just decided to do it then. So I snuck out of bed and into our spare bedroom where I hid the eggs. That's when our dogs started howling like crazy from downstairs... UGH! So much for Landon not waking up.
I grabbed the eggs, went downstairs and got the dogs to be quiet. Half asleep, I hid the eggs. I should've been a little more creative or made it more difficult, but all the eggs were pretty much in plain sight.
I saved a few eggs for upstairs in our bedroom so Landon would see them when we woke up. I moved so slowly and was happy to see Landon didn't make a peep. I was being SO sneaky!
Next up, I opened up a bag of the little Hershey's chocolate eggs and dumped them out of the bag and carried them in my shirt because the bag would be too loud. Landon's family has a tradition where the Easter bunny uses chocolate eggs to make each kid's initials. I decided to do the initials in our room so Landon would see it when he woke up AND so the dogs wouldn't get into it. Big mistake.
I crept into the room, holding my shirt up with the eggs and crawled on the floor to start making the "L." I had only put three eggs down when Landon sat up quickly asking what was going on. At this point, I had crawled over to the foot of our bed and was hiding. I acted quickly and jumped up (at the same time letting go of my shirt while all the eggs fell loudly to the floor) and then jumped into bed. Talk about sneaky! I scared the you know what out of Landon and he was so confused! He kept asking what was going on and demanded to know what I was doing and what the sound was. I told him not to worry about it and that I just had to go to the bathroom. He wasn't buying it but I refused to tell him... I didn't want to ruin Easter! Half asleep, Landon told me I was being inappropriate. Hahaha! I am crying as I write this. Soooo funny. I couldn't have been LESS sneaky if I would've tried. Oh boy. I struggle.
We were obviously both pretty worked up at this point, but I pretended to fall right to sleep to avoid any more questions about the incident. Landon, however, was up for another two and a half hours! He couldn't go back to sleep! He said after about ten minutes he remembered that it was Easter and realized that's what was going on. Haha! He really thought I was just being crazy before this realization. I just sometimes like to hide at the foot of our bed and jump out at Landon in the middle of the night... I'm just creepy like that :)
So this morning we woke up and Landon asked if we should go see what the Easter bunny brought for us. I told him that the Easter bunny didn't quite get to finish... At this point I had completely ruined everything so there was no reason to be sneaky. So he stayed upstairs while I made our initials downstairs. We then grabbed our ghetto "baskets" and had our little hunt.
Landon loved that I made this Easter special and was really cute about it, even though he was pretty tired from being up half the night ;)
I love celebrating holidays and feeling like little kids looking for our Easter eggs! You're never too old for an egg hunt!
We spent the rest of the morning watching Incredibles and getting ready for church (we have LATE church--1 pm!) Easter Sunday is one of my favorite days of church. Taking the sacrament today just seemed extra special as we remember the life and sacrifice of our Savior. I am so grateful for Him and so grateful that He lives! Because of Him we get to live forever with our families and Father in Heaven. Isn't that amazing?! After church we went on a walk to a park close to our house with little trails through the woods and had halibut and potatoes for dinner. It was a perfect day!
I hope everyone had a happy Easter! I think next year the Easter bunny will be a bit more sneaky ;)
Hahaha!! I am dying over here! I love that you couldn't be sneaky and that Landon told you that you were being inappropriate. I can just picture all of it. Haha!! So funny. You guys are cute. We still do Easter baskets and egg hunts too. You're never too old!!
ReplyDelete