- We have had some amazing weekends sailing on our boat... Which is really exciting for me but I'm sure gets boring for other people to hear about. So I won't say much, other than we are having SO much fun spending time together sailing. We are planning to go off-shore and sail in the OCEAN for the first time in July. We are mostly excited, and of course a little nervous. We will be taking a week off work and sailing down to Newport, OR. Eeeek!
- Oh Landon.... is there anything he cant do?! I don't think so. He is amazing! Amazing isn't even a strong enough word to describe him. I really don't know anyone in the world like him. He is an instrument rated pilot, rebuilt a car engine, built a dang boat, designs computer processors, and now can add sail maker to the ever-growing list. He is sewing the spinnaker sail for Viking. Spinnakers are the huge sails that almost look like a parachute. He designed it and a company sent him the panels for him to sew together. He is unbelievable and it is so cute to watch him sew. Oh, I just love him so much!
- I am on a journey to be healthy again. I get so motivated seeing my family and friends working on losing weight, eating healthy, and exercising... so I decided I need to get back on track! I've gained 15 pounds in the almost 5 years I've been married. And I wasn't a teeny, tiny stick when I got married either... I was at a healthy weight. I want to be that weight again. And stay there! I can probably blame the 15 pounds on eating a ginormous bowl of chocolate ice-cream every night...Not really okay!
I'm not on a specific diet plan. I don't really believe in that. I want to change my habits and create a healthy lifestyle that is going to STICK. So if I want to eat peanut butter m&m's...I eat them! But only one serving. I am trying to learn moderation and self-control, but not be too restrictive. There's no way I could live the rest of my life with only having treats once a week. That's not going to last! But eating 1 serving of sweets instead of 10... That I can do!
These are my WEAKNESS. A serving is 1/4 a cup so I literally measure it out and only allow myself to eat that much. Otherwise, I could eat 1/4 of the bag. No joke.
I think I will do a blog post on all the changes I'm making because there's a lot I want to say :)
- Landon and I have been going on 10 mile bike rides a few days a week. Our legs are KILLING us but it is so fun to work out together!
- I like to write Landon little love notes before I leave for work in the morning and he hangs them up on the fridge like he's proud of them. It's so cute to me because it reminds me of a parent hanging up their child's artwork. Also, I can't bear to take down our wedding invite. It has literally been hanging up on my fridge since we got them printed. Is that weird?
- General Conference was amazing as usual. I especially loved President Uchtdorf and President Monson's talks. They were just so happy and uplifting and just what I needed to hear. We could all use a little more love and a little more gratitude in our lives.
image via
- We almost sold our cute Hobie Cat because we didn't want to look like white trash anymore with it sitting on our front lawn, but we also didn't want to pay a couple hundred a month to store it somewhere (especially considering we can only use it in July and August). We figured we might as well sell it because soon we will have kids (not an announcement) and we won't be able to use it at all. We were really sad BUT Landon was able to take it apart so we could fit it in our backyard. He spent ALL day doing it, but we are so happy we get to keep it and that we have a front yard again :)
| Our Hobie in a million pieces :) |
Okay, I think that's all for now :) Life is good!















If it makes you feel better... Mike and I are going on 4 years and still have our own wedding invite on our fridge too. :) I love it!! Love your posts. :)
ReplyDelete