Well, I'm officially VERY frustrated. I have been running for 3 months now and right when I decide to run a half marathon, my body decides to break on me. I have been SO cautious. I only run 3 miles a day, I always stretch and do a cool-down, and I even started doing strengthening exercises so I wouldn't injure myself (like lunges, wall sits, calve raises, etc).
I have really become addicted to running. I have never really had a hobby. I never danced. I have never been on a sports team. I don't play any instrument. Running was finally something I was "good" at, or at least enjoyed doing.
It all happened last Tuesday. Somehow I came home from running with a pain in my hip. I googled "hip stretches" and it didn't seem like there was much to do. So basically I just took a few days off and thought I would be okay to go running on Friday...NOPE! Big mistake. I had gone about a mile and a half (limping!!!) when my leg just completely gave out on me and I had to call Landon to come pick me up. It would be an understatement to say that I was upset....
I haven't been running since and I feel like such a lazy bum! My hip is definitely not getting any better...it hurts anytime I walk longer than 2 min (and when I say hurt I mean throbbing stabbing sharp pain...owww!!) I'm just so frustrated because I am really determined to do a half marathon and eventually a full one...but how am I supposed to accomplish this with a busted hip!
I really hope it gets better soon, especially because I'm supposed to be hiking Mt. Timp next week!
Okay, I'm done venting :)
it sounds like a stress fracture. Matt got stress fractures in his foot in boot camp. The only way to fix it is unfortunately not push it but let it heal and they tend to take awhile to heal cause they can re fracture themselves easily. You could always go see a dr to get an opinion and advice as to how to deal with whatever it is thats going on! I hope whatever it is stops being a pain for you and you can go back to training!
ReplyDelete