Tuesday, November 24, 2009
TOMORROW :)
Getting married is a whirlwind of emotions...stress, anxiety, excited, happy, overwhelmed, loved, busy... It completely wears you out! I feel so worn down, but at the same time I am filled with such excitement for TOMORROW. I can't explain the feeling. It's the feeling you get on Christmas Eve when you're little, but times that by INFINITY. It really is the best feeling. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many friends and family that love and support me and Landon. I just barely found out that all NINE of my siblings will be there and I just feel SO SO SO SO lucky and so blessed! When me and Landon were orginally going to get married December 30th, my brother Nick wasn't going to be able to come because he was being deployed mid- December (he's in the Navy). It honestly broke my heart to think of getting married without my big brother there with me! Everytime I thought about it I just broke down. I can't even hold back my tears even writing about how awful it was. So, out of the blue, I got the idea to get married over Thanksgiving break! I mean why not? Everyone will be out of school/work and it will be better for EVERYONE not having to cram the wedding in right after a busy Christmas. It just seemed SO perfect. And even though I didn't know for sure if Nick could come, it comforted me knowing there was a POSSIBILITY he would be there. There was some drama with moving the date (such as finding out my oldest sister Sally would be in New Mexico for Thanksgiving!!!! I almost had a heart attack) but luckily it all worked out! Moving the wedding up a month meant I really had to get on top of wedding planning, and let me tell you it has been HECK! haha I have not loved planning this wedding, especially while in school full time, but I know that by tomorrow it will all be worth it to me! I am just so so so so so grateful we were able to move the wedding to tomorrow because I will have EVERY brother and sister with me!!!!!!! It is the best feeling in the world!!! I love them so much and I can't WAIT to see everyone. I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful people on such an important day for me. Not only my own wonderful family but also my future in-laws! Landon's mom, dad, and brothers drove up from Texas, his cousins are coming from Idaho, his grandma came from Washington, and his aunt came from Washington too! It really is so overwhelming, in a good way!!! All of these people came for me and Landon because they love and support us! It is the best feeling in the world. I can't wait for tomorrow :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Miss Hannah, I'm here packing for Florida and my mind was wandering and all of a sudden I remembered that TODAY is the day. I'm am beyond excited for you. I doubt that you'll see this before the wedding, but I just want for you to know that I'll be thinking about you all day, wishing that we could have been there, and that I am very, very, VERY excited for you and Landon. Congratulations to both of you! I hope to see lots of pictures!
ReplyDeleteSo now I feel stupid. It's 12:42AM here in Georgia, so it actually is the 25th here, even though my comment is saying that it's 24th. I guess you've still got a few hours, huh? Well I'm still excited!
ReplyDelete