Even though he's a busy boy, he's still very sweet and cuddly. I actually stopped nursing him a few weeks ago (I'll explain more later) so I've been sad to miss that cuddle time but he still gives me a big huge hug every time I pick him up which is the best thing EVER. However, he is not very cuddly when I feed him his bottle. He is just Mr. Wiggles and it's really hard to get him to focus and drink his bottle nicely. And don't even get me started on how difficult it is to get him dressed/change his diaper/wipe his face and hands. Little stinker!
He is the fastest little crawler and now has THREE teeth (again more on that later....I keep jumping ahead of myself!) He really has just grown up way too fast and time needs to slow down. My favorite thing is to watch him see something across the room (usually it's me, to be honest) and then start panting with excitement as he books it over to that thing (again, usually me). He is FAST!
We sure love our sweet little angel baby and can't get enough of his silly, sweet personality! Teddy, you are the absolute best and we are so proud of you!!
Okay onto the update-
-The biggest news of this month is that Teddy got his first tooth on August 30th, so the day after he turned 9 months old. I knew it was going to pop through any day on my last post! It was his bottom left tooth and then soon after he got his bottom right tooth and his top left tooth. I can't believe he has THREE teeth! His little toothy grin is just the cutest! He's been a lot more fussy than Charlie was with teething and just not sleeping as well. I've had to give him Tylenol a few times, my poor baby!
-Teddy is go go go go! He crawls sooooo fast. He'll even crawl on the grass (which was a very scary thing for Charlie as a baby!) He has learned to climb stairs (so the gate was installed the next day) and he can even climb onto things like the mini trampoline we have in the playroom. He can also pull himself up and walk along furniture so I think he'll be walking pretty soon here! He is such a busy boy and wants to keep up with his older brother.
Always climbing up on Mama
-Teddy had his 9 month check up with Dr. Zarbock and is growing right on track! He weighed 19lbs 3 oz (27%) and was 28.2 inches tall (47%). He didn't even cry when they pricked his heel and was just so brave! He also had a field day with the paper on the table. My silly, busy boy!
-We went on a fun picnic date to Daybreak and Teddy was just so happy to be out of the house!!!
-Teddy had another scan of his head and an appointment with his surgeons and everything is looking great! His head is still pretty asymmetrical but it's not severe enough for him to need to be back in the helmet. We'll have another appointment in February for his 1 year mark and then every year after that until he turns 5. It was soooo sad at the helmet clinic because the scanner freaked him out this time, but doesn't he just look so cute in his little bonnet?!
-Charlie started preschool on September 8th (I bawled my eyes out when I dropped him off!) but it has been nice to have some one-on-one time with Teddy!
-Teddy went in the hot tub for the first time and LOVED it. He was splashing around and so happy! Landon had him practice floating on his back and he actually did surprisingly well. He might take after Landon and be a little fish in the water!
-Since I got mastitis twice and then continued to get clogged ducts and then had a HORRIBLE reaction to all the medicine and got the worst itchy rash ever.... I decided it was time to stop nursing. Teddy has always loved nursing for comfort so I was really worried how it would go but we both did surprisingly well. He's actually doing really well on formula and I still get my cuddle time. :)
-A few weeks ago Charlie was playing "crazy animal" and bit Teddy... It was the saddest thing ever! He didn't do it out of anger or anything but I was still pretty darn mad at the kid.... Poor little Teddy!!
-We have had a lot of meetings for our home the past month and Teddy has been a little trooper going to all of them. He definitely gets fed up about an hour in, but understandably so. We actually have a lot of meetings tomorrow and Grandma is going to watch him for us so that will be nice so we can focus. :)
-Teddy is Mr. Independent and likes to feed himself. I've really had to be brave and let him eat things like chicken nuggets and toast etc. just cut up into tiny pieces. I'm pretty sure at this point Charlie was mostly eating mushy foods, but Teddy just wants to eat like a big boy. When I try to spoon feed him he resists...
-Lydia and Dawsen came from Texas to visit and Teddy has a little crush on Lydia. He just loved playing and flirting with her. We had so much fun while they were in town and miss them already!!!
And of course, some random pictures and videos. Teddy Jack, we love you so much and love how silly and funny and SWEET you are! You are getting way too big hunny!




































































No comments:
Post a Comment