Our sweet Teddy Bear is 9 months old! He's officially been out longer than he's been in and it's just gone by WAY too fast! He is our little love and just such a sweet, sensitive baby! He gives the best hugs ever!
His hair still sticks straight up and I really don't know what I will do when it doesn't! He is eating 3 meals a day now, takes 2 naps (and sometimes a small one in the evening), and sleeps 11-12 hours at night. He has just grown up a LOT this past month and I can't handle how big he is acting!
I also think he has a tooth that is going to poke through any day now because he has been a little more fussy and clingy and I can see the tooth. My poor little love!
I am just trying to soak up every minute with my little cuddle bug and enjoying each stage because he's just growing up way too fast!
Alright, onto the update :)
-The biggest news of this month is that Teddy is CRAWLING! He skipped right over the army crawl/scooch phase and went right to crawling up on his knees. He's been rocking back and forth on his knees for weeks and then last week he did one little crawl.. and then on August 27th he finally did more than one crawl in a row and is on the MOVE. We are so proud of Teddy!!!
-Teddy is 100% a mama's boy and I love it! He's VERY clingy to me and will be perfectly fine with other people... until he sees me. Then the screaming starts. He's also as cuddly as ever and gives me the BEST hugs. And every time I lay him down for a nap or bedtime, he just lets me hold him like a baby and snuggle him as I sing to him. It is seriously the best ever. HEAVEN. He's my little buddy!
-We went away for a night and it was our first time leaving Teddy overnight. I was so sad to say goodbye to him but he had a blast with Grandpa and Grandma! (And honestly, it was nice to be away for a little bit!)
-We finally got a double stroller and Teddy was so excited to sit like a big boy! We go on a walk every night and he has just loved sitting up and looking around at the world. He also loves to chew on the tray. :)
-We went up to our property in Lehi to show the grandparents and it was REALLY windy. Teddy's fluffy hair was sooo funny blowing in the wind. His hair is seriously my favorite ever.
-We had a little scare with Teddy's head this month. It's still a little funky shaped and he has this ridge along the front of his head now. I sent pictures to the nurse and she said that both of the surgeons wanted Teddy to get a CT scan. I instantly went into full-panic mode and was assuming he would need another surgery. Teddy was soooo brave for his CT scan (probably because he's such a cuddle bug and loved being strapped in tight ha!) and just sat so still. They told me he may need to be sedated but that we could try without sedation first, so I was really really happy he did it on his own! The doctors called me a few days later and let me know that all of his sutures are open and that he doesn't need another surgery! We were sooooo relieved and happy!!!!
-Charlie and Teddy are the best of friends. Teddy is just in LOVE with Charlie and no one can make him giggle like Charlie can. It really is the best thing ever to watch them play together. Charlie is so sweet to him and if I ask him to let Teddy have a little bite of his treat, he doesn't even hesitate to share!
-Teddy is eating 3 meals a day now and loves peanut butter toast, pancakes, french toast, bananas, strawberries, yogurt, refried beans, rice, cheese, ground beef, shredded pork... basically everything! We tried giving him fettuccine alfredo and he wasn't quite ready for those noodles yet and gagged a bit.
-Teddy has always been pretty good at standing so I finally set up his little activity table and he LOVES it! I have to stay right behind him because he'll just topple over but he is getting so big!
-We closed on our townhouse at the end of August and Teddy was super clingy to me anytime we had to go over to do projects to get it ready. He would NOT let me put him down so I just carried him around in the ergo which was hard but he's just the cutest little cuddle bug!
-Nini calls Teddy "Chipmunk" (like Theodore from the Chipmunks) and the nickname is TOTALLY fitting because Teddy stores his food in his mouth! It is soooo funny and also scares the crap out of me as far as choking goes... But yes, he's totally our little Chipmunk.
-We had a play date at Silver Lake with our good friends and Teddy just loved being outside and getting a change of scenery from always being at our house. He loves being in the baby carrier!











































































No comments:
Post a Comment