Teddy is EIGHT months old!What?! It is so crazy to me how fast this year is flying by, despite being stuck at home with nothing to do ha! Time just needs to slow down because he is just growing up way too fast. It's so fun to see his little personality develop (including a temper that has come out in full force this month!!) He totally has a preference for certain toys and certain foods, which just seems way too big to me!!!
Teddy's hair is still growing straight up, which is our favorite thing EVER. I don't want him to ever lose his fluffy, baby duck hair!
He is super cuddly still, which is the best ever. When I put him down for naps/bedtime, he lets me snuggle him and sing you are my sunshine and it's just so hard to put him in his crib because I just want to snuggle him forever!!!
He is getting way more playful and LOVES to go upside-down. He will even start to throw himself back when you're holding him because he just wants to play! He still loves it when we jump and dance for him and thinks we are hilarious.
He's just my my happy little love and we really can't get enough of him!!!
Okay onto the update:
-Teddy and Charlie are still the best of friends. Charlie basically doesn't have to do anything and Teddy will laugh his head off. Charlie is the best big brother to Teddy and will give him toys if he's upset or help me feed him while I'm making lunch. They're just the cutest together and it's my favorite thing!
-I finally got the courage to give Teddy teething crackers and puffs and he just loves them! It's so cute to watch him try his hardest to pick the puffs up and sometimes they get stuck in his fist but he is working on that pincer grip.
-Teddy is getting a little more independent. He still prefers to be held, or at least have someone sitting right next to him. But sometimes he'll play with his little basket of toys for 20 minutes or so all by himself. His favorite toys are his pirate (which was one of Charlie's favorites too!) and his crinkle paper that he got from his Cranio Care Bears package. Oh and he really loves the wipes, which isn't a toy but you know.
-Lately Teddy has been struggling with naps because he will roll over onto his tummy and then can't figure out how to get back over to his back. At this age, Charlie was rolling all over the place but Teddy is just not super mobile. He technically knows how to roll over both ways, but doesn't do it very often.
-Teddy had his first big boy bath and love love LOVES taking baths with Charlie. They both giggle and splash and it's just the cutest.
-He has the best giggle and it's still as easy as ever to crack him up. Best sound in the world!!!
-Teddy celebrated his first Fourth of July! I thought it was was going to be lame with the pandemic situation going on, but we made the most of it and it ended up being a super fun day. We had a BBQ at Nini and Papa's, did some small fireworks for Teddy, and then their neighborhood put on quite the fireworks show (Teddy was luckily asleep by that point because I don't think he would've been a fan of the big, loud ones).
Charlie 2 months, Teddy 7 Months :)
-That night Charlie woke up with a fever and then threw up, my poor sweetie. He also was stuffed up and coughing, so of course we were freaking out it was Covid. We got him tested the next day and poor Teddy and Charlie were just losing their minds (I guess I was too, to be honest) because it took TWO hours waiting in the car to get tested. Charlie was so brave but I felt so bad for him!
-Then the next night at 4 am, Teddy woke up with his first fever. I was completely panicked thinking that my infant could have Covid, on top of dealing with his first ever time being sick. I just couldn't stop crying and was up for two hours just snuggling him (he honestly wasn't doing bad at all, I'm just a spaz). Later that day Charlie's test came back negative so it was such a relief to know they were both fine. Teddy's fever went away and he just had sniffles and a cough for a day or two, so whatever bug he had really wasn't bad at all, thank goodness.
he threw up all over me. Not just spit up. It was an insane amount, and he was obviously pretty proud ;)
-Teddy gives the best hugs ever! When he's playing in his jumper and you "rescue" him and pick him up, he will just squeeze you and lay his head on your shoulder. It is the best ever ever ever!
-Dada went camping with Uncle Tanner so we went to Murray Park for a picnic. Teddy really does love to be outside and loves to watch Charlie run around and be crazy. It was such a fun night with my darling boys!
-We loved having Uncle Tanner here with us for almost 4 months. He really got to see Teddy go from a newborn to a big baby, and they just love each other! It was so sad to say goodbye.
-I mentioned earlier that Teddy has developed a temper and it's the funniest thing. He will look you right in the face and growl loudly when he's not getting what he wants (like if I'm not giving him food fast enough!) It's pretty funny, but definitely makes me nervous for when he's a toddler! It's hard to capture on camera because usually when I pull my phone out, he gets distracted and stops being so angry.. but oh well!
-We are under contract for some property in Lehi! We spent the past month looking at a lot of different lots but fell in love with this one for the views and the fact that it is across the street from a big park. We are SO excited! We took the kiddos for a walk around the new neighborhood and they both seemed to approve. :)
-Teddy is still the cuddliest little snuggle bug and I can't get enough. After he nurses he will just lay there on my chest cuddling and I can't handle it!!!! He's just the best ever.
And of course, some random pictures and videos. I actually didn't take nearly as many pictures and videos this month as I normally do because we've just had a lot going on with the covid scare, selling my sister's house, closing on our next investment property in the next few weeks, and then putting in the offer on our lot. There's just been a lot going on!
Teddy, you are the absolute best! We love you so much!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment