He is such a love bug and wants to be by his people, and preferably held if possible. He loves to snuggle and LOVES to nurse. It's going to be really hard to wean him in the next few months!
He is generally a very happy, easy-going baby. He's obsessed with his big brother, loves to listen to music (especially when we dance for him), and just has the sweetest little demeanor. It's so easy to get him to smile and giggle!
Okay, onto the update. This past month was a big one for our boy!
-Teddy tried food (butternut squash) for the first time on May 30th. I was convinced that he was just going to spit it out, so I was pleasantly surprised that he actually ate it! I wouldn't say he loved it, but he didn't hate it. He definitely wasn't sure of it at first. Charlie thought it was the COOLEST thing that Teddy was finally eating food and just couldn't stop squealing. We all took turns feeding him and it was just so cute. I had put off feeding him for so long because 1. I want him to stay little (haha!) and 2. I was just convinced he wasn't ready.
-Since his first time eating he has had lots of other food and he likes some more than others. He doesn't love yogurt, mango, apple sauce or peaches. He acts like they're sour and makes the funniest face! He loves oatmeal mixed with peanut butter powder, butternut squash, yams, sweet potato, and carrots. He also loves tiny bites of shredded cheese but when we gave him some scrambled egg, he just let it sit on his tongue and dissolve because he didn't know what to do with it.
-On June 9, Teddy said his first consonant sound and of course it was MA MA MA MA! I know he doesn't know he's saying "Mama" but it's still soooo cute to hear. He loooooves it when you say it back to him. He has lots of other fun sounds he likes to make and is really clever at mimicking us. He's pretty noisy and we love it!
-Teddy had his 6 month appointment with Dr. Zarbock and I was SHOCKED because he finally caught up with Charlie on his weight! He weighed 16lbs 8oz (30%) and was 27.5" (82%). He has totally chunked up the past few weeks! When he got his shots he was SOOO sad but then as soon as I picked him up and snuggled him, he calmed right down.
-I feel so bad that Teddy's life has been so boring (thanks Covid). At this age Charlie had already been camping 3 times and out of the state a few times (Texas and Yellowstone). We don't even do any outings other than our daily walk or to visit some friends and family. He's going to be so amazed when he finally gets to go out to the grocery store and other places. But we finally took Teddy on his first hike and went to Bear Canyon Suspension Bridge with Nini, Papa, and Uncle Tanner. I was still really nervous because it was packed, but it ended up being okay. Teddy LOVED being in the ergo carrier facing out and being outside. On the way back down I turned him facing forward and he slept the last half. My little cuddle bug!
-And of course Teddy is still the happiest little guy and it is SO easy to get him to giggle. Best sound in the world!
-Teddy is getting really good at sitting. I definitely have to be right there ready to catch him when he decides he wants to tip over, but I think that's just because he's lazy haha. He loves to play with his activity table and a little fisher price toy that was Landon's when he was a baby.
-Teddy is such a love bug! He's always been the best snuggler but now he's started to give cute hugs and will grab your face for a big smooch. It's the best ever!!!
-Teddy loves to jump in his bouncer so we tried out the door jumper for the first time. He enjoyed it, but hasn't figured out that he can jump in it yet. He is going to be SO excited about that!
And of course 500 other pictures and videos because I can't get enough of this little love!
![]() |
| Teddy and his BFF Stockton met for the first time :) |
Oh Teddy, you are the BEST! We love you so much and can't believe how big you are getting!





















































































No comments:
Post a Comment