What can I even say about this cute boy? Charlie brings so much laughter and joy and love to our family. I spent the past few days looking through pictures of his third year and of course was very emotional. He has just grown up so much!!! He moved from his crib to his big boy bed, finally potty trained, went on his first big vacation (and first airplane ride that he can remember) to Hawaii, became a big brother, and just turned into a little boy. My heart can't really take how fast he's growing up. We are just so in love with our big boy!!!
He is just a ball of personality and boy is he dramatic! He's such a ham and loves to perform and sing and would seriously make a good actor. He is hilarious and makes us laugh out loud with the funny things he says and does. Examples of funny things he says:
Every time he sees an American flag he excitedly exclaims, "America!"
One day Landon was teasing him and pretending to eat his candy. Charlie said, "just go to work Dada!"
A few months ago he would add the phrase, "I guess" to the end of everything. Examples: "We can go to the park I guess." "It's time to eat lunch I guess." Now, his favorite word is actually and the phrase, "I think." Examples: "It's actually time to read books actually I think." "Mama, I love you so much I think."
When I tell him it's time for nap/bed he says, "no it's good morning time!"
I was telling him I couldn't climb on the bed because I'm too big and he said, "you're a fat boy, Mama!"
I "mam" instead of I am. When we ask him if he is cute
It's not "bawana!" it's "bawana!"
He'll tell me I'm so cute and that I'm a good boy, Mama
"You teasing Mama, Dada!"
When I was 36 weeks pregnant he said, "Mama is big and Grandma is tiny!"
Instead of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" it is "The Veally (Really) Hungry Caterpillar"
He is also Mr. Smarty pants, which we've known from the start when he memorized most letters of the alphabet at 17 months and now all of their sounds at 3 years old (without any real teaching, just him asking me questions and being interested). The other day he completely shocked me when he got out our Peter Pan book and literally read the ENTIRE book (from memory, he can't read) with only a few mistakes. It's 15 minutes long!!!! He loves to learn new things and has an amazing memory.
Charlie is a sweetheart and tells me all day long, "because I love you and I love you Mama!" or "you're so cute Mama!" or "Mom, I had so much fun with you at the park today." He is just a love bug and has FINALLY gotten more snuggly. He looooves his people, including his grandparents, family, and of course his friends. He makes friends wherever he goes. Sometimes he's a bit too friendly and it scares the shy kids, but he loves to make friends. When he sees another kid he always says, "hi friend!"


He has such an incredible imagination. It is so fun to watch him play with all of his little figures and hear the elaborate stories he makes up. Even when he doesn't have any toys and he's just riding along in the stroller he will make up songs and stories. Sometimes it's hard to get him out of his "head" when he's pretending to be a dinosaur or dog and we often say, "okay I need you to be Charlie now!" when we are trying to get him to listen to us and do something like get dressed. Since he was an only child for so long, he's gotten really good at playing by himself and it's been so good for his little (big) imagination.
Charlie LOVES to read books. We read two books before his nap and two books before bedtime and definitely read in-between too. He often just pulls his books out and reads through them himself. I've always said that I hope my kids love to read, so it just warms my heart to see how much he loves books!
Charlie is the BEST big brother. I was so worried about how he'd respond to having a little brother but he just loves Teddy sooooo much. He's really the sweetest and will run to give him his binky if he's crying, loves to make him giggle and laugh, and gives him the sweetest kisses. The other night Charlie made Teddy giggle for the first time and he just came running to me out of breath telling me so excitedly that he got him to giggle. It was the best to see them interacting like that.
Charlie loves to play outside! He loves to find bugs, play in the dirt, find rocks, and he's a pro at riding his strider bike. He can go soooo fast and will lift both of his legs up and balance. On our nightly walks he has been riding almost 2 miles on his bike and does a really good job at waiting for us at the corners.
Every night and every nap time Charlie gets a story and two songs. The story is usually about what we did that day or something fun we've done in the past (like going to Lagoon, Hawaii, etc.) But the songs... oh the songs! He will tell me what he wants a song about and then I make it up. I've become quite the lyricist. Here's an example... (to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star) Blanket song, blanket song! Charlie has a cozy blanket! It is blue and it is cozy! And it has whales and is so soft! Blanket song, blanket song! Charlie loves his cozy blanket.
Charlie Dean, you are the most special boy! There is no one quite like you. You are hilarious, smart, sweet, silly, and my very best friend. I love you with all of my heart little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment