So, funny story. We will suggest names to Charlie to see if he thinks we should name the baby that name. So we'll say, "should we name the baby XYZ?" And he always says, "no! Just baby brother!" Well the other day he randomly replied, "his names is SIMBA!" It was sooo funny and random. We haven't watched Lion King recently or anything. So now he calls the baby Simba. :)
We also had our anatomy scan on July 23rd. The ultrasound tech was super awesome and told us everything she saw (that way we didn't have to wonder if things were looking good or not). Baby boy looks PERFECT! He is breech, so that explains why most of the time when I feel him it is down low where his little legs are. He is measuring right on track so they're keeping my due date of December 6, which means the latest we'll have him is November 29--the day after Thanksgiving! :) Oh and guess what? I guess my placenta is posterior, not anterior! I thought I wasn't feeling him move much because my placenta was in the front but it turns out as my uterus grew my placenta moved more towards the back. YAY! So this baby really is calm, it's not just my placenta blocking the movements.
Anyway, here's the latest update!
Baby is the Size of a: Spaghetti squash! That seems so big to me. He weighs about 1 pound and about 11 inches long.
Cravings: still loving sugar and sour things. As far as food goes, the only thing I ever want to eat is pizza, especially bagel bites. The other meals I can manage to eat are chicken puffs, alfredo, grilled cheese, and quesadillas. I seriously can't wait to eat normal food again!
Food Aversions: I can't really do any meat or basically any real food... So almost everything. ;) I've learned I can do chicken if it is overcooked and really dry haha. I can also do a little bit of meat if it's shredded like a pork taco from Costa Vida.
Symptoms: Still nauseous most mornings and nights, but only puking occasionally. Two weeks ago I threw up two nights in a row and I thought it was coming back and going to be daily again but it hasn't happened again since. PHEW! I guess I just have good days and bad days. I still have to take Zofran (for nausea) and Zantac (for heartburn) most nights.
Fears: I'm worried about how the transition will be for Charlie with a new baby at home. I hope he loves his little brother and doesn't feel neglected or sad! I also feel so much mom guilt (as I mentioned earlier) for Baby #2. He will just never have my full, undivided attention like Charlie has had the past 3+ years.
General Mood: I am generally pretty happy, but I do feel like I have big mood swings and a temper...
Sleep: I can't get enough! Seriously I just want to sleep all day. That would be lovely!
Movement: I'm finally starting to feel this little boy more and more and it's my FAVORITE!!! Just before 20 weeks I felt him kick from the outside for the first time and then at 20 weeks Landon felt him kick! He hasn't felt him since though because he seriously hardly ever kicks hard enough to feel it from the outside... he's just a calm little guy! Oh and Nini (Suzette) felt him kick last week. But mostly, his movements are just tiny and infrequent. He's just soooo sweet and feeling him move around is the best thing in the WORLD. I would love for Charlie to get to feel him kick, but he likes to think he has... :)
The baby was asleep in that video haha! It is so adorable to me! Charlie really really really loves his little brother so much already!
Looking Forward To: Getting stuff ready for this sweet boy! Last week I picked out his going home outfit (it's just this cozy little sweat set with a little polar bear on it and then a bear hat). We are also getting stuff ready for Charlie's big boy room. Charlie helped me pick out decorations at Hobby Lobby last week (dinosaurs) and he LOVED picking it all out. He calls his new room his special room and he's sooo excited to sleep in there soon!
Okay there you have it! Here are my bump pictures :)
![]() |
| 22 weeks |
![]() |
| 21 weeks |
![]() |
| 20 weeks (HALF WAY!) |
![]() |
| 19 weeks |





No comments:
Post a Comment