Since finding out I was pregnant the end of March, I feel like I was in a FOG. My life was basically survival-mode because I felt soooo sick. I did what I needed to just to get through the day. So my house turned into a disaster because the only housework I did was dishes (necessary) and doing the laundry (but not ever putting it away/folding it). I spent so many days just crying because I felt so guilty for my lack of mom-ing. Our days looked like this: Charlie stayed in bed with me until 10 am watching a movie while I went back to sleep or just laid there. And then I would just lay on the couch watching him play and couldn't go out or do anything fun with him. Of course I fed him meals and he was just fine, but I felt so much mom-guilt! I am happy to report that this past month or so I've been feeling SOOOOO much better and we have actually had play dates, we've gone on outings, and my house is clean!!! But those first few months were so so so so rough on me!
The turning point was definitely 14 weeks when I started taking zofran. I took zofran with Charlie and it definitely helped but I still threw up almost daily the entire time. This time I'm taking dissolvable zofran which I've heard is more effective. So I'm not sure if the medicine is working better than last time, or if I'm just less sick than last time but it's been 2 weeks since I've thrown up! I still get nauseous from 10am-noon or so and then usually around 7pm but it's totally doable and I really can't complain! It's seriously a MIRACLE because I can actually be a functioning mama to my sweet boy!!!
Okay let's get to the update! I've been meaning to do this for weeks...
Baby is the Size of a: Bell pepper! I can't believe how big he is getting.
Cravings: I love sugar and especially sour things. Right now I'm really into the mini chewy sweet tarts.
Food Aversions: Most food ha! Really the only things I eat are pasta, pizza, bread... Basically carbs. I definitely do not want meat!
Symptoms: Nausea, always sleepy, and my back has started hurting which I don't remember last time but maybe it's because I'm 30 and getting old? ;) Also every single night my nose gets stuffed up which makes it hard to fall asleep. It's so random because I'm not stuffed up at all during the day, only at night.
Fears: I'm definitely worried about transitioning from 1 to 2 kids! I know I'll be able to handle things at home (for the most part) but I worry about outings to the museum or grocery shopping and stuff like that. I guess this baby will have to be more chill and learn how to nap on the go. I also have convinced myself that this baby is so sweet and calm hahaha wishful thinking but still!
General Mood: Is tired a mood? :) I am generally very happy.
Sleep: I wake up a lot to go potty but I feel like I sleep pretty well. I can't get enough sleep though! I sleep 8 hours at night but then still need a nap most days!
Maternity Clothes: Haha I feel like I've needed maternity clothes since 6 weeks! My belly just "popped" so much sooner this time. So yes, I am in maternity clothes and have been for over a month! My mom and I went to Ross about a month ago and I got some cute summer maternity clothes because I only ever needed winter clothes with Charlie. Can we also talk about how HOT summer is when you're pregnant?!
Movement: Well, I have a stupid anterior placenta (my placenta is in the front) so I can't feel the baby very much... I'm sooooo mad because feeling the baby move is definitely the best part of pregnancy. So I swear I've felt tiny, tiny little movements since 16.5 weeks but I'm not super confident enough to say it was for sure Baby Boy. I mostly feel him (if it is him) at night when I'm laying on my side and I only feel things very low or on my sides. Last week at 17 weeks he officially became as big as my placenta so now that he's getting bigger than it, I'm sure I'll start feeling it more but I definitely don't think I'll feel him as much as Charlie which is just depressing. I felt Charlie clearly by 16 weeks and Landon even felt him kick by 18 weeks. But like I said earlier, I've convinced myself that this baby is sweet and mellow so maybe he just doesn't move as much as Charlie, who was basically a real-life ninja in my belly!! There have been a few times that Landon has talked to the baby and then put his head against my stomach and has heard the baby kicking but I don't think he's felt him yet. I can't wait until we can feel the baby from the outside so Charlie can feel his little brother too!
Looking Forward To: We have our anatomy scan in a few weeks and I can't wait to see our sweet baby boy again and just make sure everything is looking good! I also can't wait to feel him better!
And here are a few bump shots from the past few weeks. :)
![]() |
| 18 weeks |
![]() |
| 17 weeks |
![]() |
| 16 weeks |
![]() |
| 15 weeks |
![]() |
| 14 weeks |





No comments:
Post a Comment