Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Mr. Smarty Pants

I haven't done a "Charlie update" in awhile, which is dumb because he is growing and changing so much and I want to remember how he is right now forever. It's funny how from day one I could've told you that Charlie is busy and smart, because those two words probably describe him best. Along with hilarious and full of personality/feelings (alllllll the feelings you guys!)


His "I am not amused" face as I was singing and dancing trying to get him to smile...
Watching him learn and grow has to be one of the best parts of being his mama. He is seriously SO smart!!! He amazes me and I don't want to forget how much he knew before he was even two!



So this blog post is mostly about how smart Charlie is, not because I'm bragging...but because Charlie IS smart, and I want to document his current knowledge. :)

Exhibit A:

He knows almost all of the LETTERS. (A, B, E, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, R, S, W, X, Y) What 21 month old knows letters?! I'm sure they're out there, but it just seems absurd to me. By the way, it's not like I was shoving letters down his throat and pressuring him to learn them (ha!) He has a "letter blocks" toy, and that's how he learned. Self-taught ;)


Exhibit B:

He also knows some of his numbers! I just learned this yesterday when he was asking for his number puzzle and saying "six! six! six!" He also knows 0, and sometimes he gets 5 and 2 right (ha!) I honestly don't even know how?


Exhibit C:

He knows his colors! He learned this from a book about cars (he loves books!) He isn't always consistent... like sometimes you'll point to something that's yellow and ask him what color and he'll excitedly tell you it's blue... but still! (I think blue might be his favorite color) Also, he knows what a rainbow is, and the way he says it might be the cutest thing ever!




Exhibit D:

He speaks SO much and has more words than I can count. He adds new words daily and just amazes us with his language. Some of his most recent words are: psycho (a proud mom moment for me... I called him psycho... oops!) tunnel, zebra, honk, light (he loves to turn on/off lights), ego (Lego),  cream cream (ice cream), waterfall (a-fall), lotion (shin shin), buckie (buckle) and he finally says his name!




Exhibit E:

He knows his shapes and is amazing at puzzles. The shapes he knows are: circle, heart, oval, star, and octagon (he can say all of those and identify them!)





Exhibit F:

He LOOOVES reading books. I'm a huge believer in the power of books and one of my biggest goals as a mom (I have a lot haha) is to instill a love of learning and reading in my kids. I've been reading to Charlie since he was born, and I love how much he loves to read!



Charlie Dean, we love you SO much and are so proud of you! I swear, you are going to change the world. You are AMAZING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...