Thursday, March 22, 2018

The Big 3-0.

Since we are going to be on a cruise tomorrow (YAY!) on Landon's actual birthday, I'm doing this post a day early... which of course is going to be a mushy, lovey tribute :)


I truly believe that Landon is one of a kind. I don't know ANYONE like him. He is smart, adventurous, determined, full of integrity, hilarious, and loves with all of his heart. He may seem like a sarcastic guy (he is) but those of us that really know him, know how soft his heart really is. I've never been loved like I am loved by Landon.

Just getting ready to jump off the mountain. NBD. 
The very first birthday I celebrated with Landon was when he turned 21 and I threw him a little surprise party, took him to Red Lobster, and we saw Coraline. We had only been dating for a short 3 weeks, but I already knew there was something so special about him.



Now, 9 years later and our love has evolved into something so deep and so meaningful and I know we are LUCKY to feel this way about each other. He truly is my best friend and I swear we really were made for each other. Through all the ups and downs, we have learned how to lean on each other, to communicate, and to learn from each other.


Landon Dean, I love you so much. I love how you cuddle me in the morning. I love how you are silly and make me laugh with all of your puns. I love watching you play with Charlie and seeing your special relationship. I love how you encourage me. I love spending time with you on simple, every day things like our nightly walks. I love how you get chocolate around your lips after eating ice cream. I love your explosive laugh when you are really really amused by something. I love how adventurous you are and how exciting you make my life. I love how you see things from other people’s perspective. I love how much you LOVE the people who are lucky enough to make that list. I love how hard you work for our family and how much you support me staying home with Mister. I love how you call me when Poker Face is on. I love how you say “food” when I ask you what you want to eat. I love your smile and your cute bum. I love how you are always learning and trying new things. I love your integrity and sincerity. I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH! You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am so grateful for you every single day.







We celebrated Landon's birthday yesterday and it started out pretty good with 30 presents. He was so surprised :)




The night went downhill from there when Landon couldn't get his new contact out of his eye for 5 minutes (scary!!!) and I decided to throw my phone out of the car window on the highway. There was a guy next to us that was texting and I was seriously WORRIED for our lives (especially my baby in the back!) so I rolled down the window and was waving my phone at him trying to get his attention.... My phone slipped out of my hands and I watched it bounce away... I sure showed him! I hope this is something we can laugh about a year from now but at the time we were all just SICK, especially because we leave for our trip today...


We ended up still going to dinner, but unfortunately when Landon took the keys out of the ignition, the car continued to run. What the heck, right? So that was fun. And then dinner was sooo gross and we were so disappointed. We usually LOVE Rodizio but it was just gross.


After our very eventful and fun evening (ha!) we came home and had ice cream cake. At least that was good :) Charlie was so cute and kept saying "day" (birthday) for the banner I hung up and loved singing to Landon. He helped him blow out the candles and then got a little scared about the smoke. Sweet boy!




Even though yesterday was kind of a disaster, we really did have a good time spending it with each other and hopefully we can just look back and laugh next year :)





Happy 30th Birthday to my amazing Landon Dean! I love you so much!!!!


"Honey you are a rock, upon which I stand..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...