Sunday, April 3, 2016

Pregnancy Update 35 & 36 Weeks!

Holy moly! I'm officially 9 months pregnant today. I can't really believe it. Even though I've had some really miserable moments (over 6 months of puking... and it's only stopped now because of medicine!) this whole being pregnant thing has FLOWN by and been such an amazing experience! I know I'm going to miss it. Even the anticipation and excitement of finally getting to be a mom and getting to meet my baby... I'll never feel this again! I know I'll feel excited and anxious to meet our next baby too, but this is different. I'm going to be a MOM in a few weeks. It's so surreal to me. I can't believe it! We are so excited to meet this sweet baby boy that we already love so much!

I am pretty much convinced that this little man is like his dad is a go-getter. He wants to come out! At my 35 week appointment I was dilated to a 1.5 and 70% effaced! My doctor was like, "I was not expecting that!" especially because this is my first baby. But the day before my appointment I was having 10 minute apart contractions for HOURS so I wasn't that shocked to find out I was already dilating! So far today I've had HOURS of contractions (like seriously going on 6 hours...) and they range anywhere from 4-15 minutes apart. My sister was threatening to come over and check me if I didn't call my doctor. So I called him and he just told me to go in if they get closer to 5 minutes consistently for an hour. They definitely seem to be calming down now so this isn't the real deal, but my body is totally getting ready! It's crazy. I'm excited to go to my appointment tomorrow and find out how much more I dilated! I always tease that I want him to come early, but I definitely don't want him coming THIS early. He's invited to come out anytime after 38 weeks :) And I'm just praying that all these contractions mean that he really is going to come around 38-39 weeks because I reallllly don't want to go past my due date. I can't believe that he really could be here in a few weeks!!!! Landon installed the car seat today and I pre-registered at the hospital earlier this week so we're pretty darn official over here!


This week I also finally finished his nursery. We've hardly spent any money, in fact, I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest nursery in the history of the world. But everything has come together and it's exactly as I pictured it. I also am obsessed with going in there and I have to peak on it a few times every day :)



My friends Jenna and Toni took me to dinner this week which was seriously the sweetest thing ever! Neither of them could come to my baby shower so they threw me a private one. Cutie pies! I'm so lucky to have them! And it's really crazy to think that I've been friends with them since 6th grade!!


Alright so that's pretty much the highlights from the last few weeks so let's get to the update :)

Baby is the Size of a: Last week he was a honeydew melon and this week he is a head of romaine lettuce. All I can say is that he's huge haha seriously I feel like I'm going to explode!

Cravings: Cereal. I have at least 3 bowls a day.

Food Aversions: I still don't love food. We've gone out to eat a few times lately and I usually order off the kids menu because food just doesn't sound that great to me ha.

Symptoms: Still nauseous in the morning and especially at night, but I can't complain because I'm not puking!!! It's a miracle. I've also been having a lot of contractions, which is EXCITING! :) My blood pressure has still been relatively high, around 130's/high 80's... but it's not going up so that's good news.

Fears: Did you know I'm scared of newborns? They're SO cute and I LOVE holding them... but they make me so nervous ha.  So I guess I'm going to have to get over that :)

General Mood: So happy!

Sleep: I wake up a ton (every time I roll over, I pee 4-5 times a night) but luckily I fall right back to sleep! I definitely have been more tired lately though.

Movement: He's definitely strong because sometimes his jabs can really hurt haha. He's also pretty squished so his movements aren't as ninja-like, they're more like pushy movements. He also is still way more active at night and likes to have dance parties. It's so funny to watch my belly contort in all these weird shapes. :) He also gets the hiccups at least 4 times a day! Poor little guy.

Looking Forward To: I'm just so ready and excited to meet this baby!!!!!

Anyway, I may only have a few more of these weekly "bump" shots left. That is soooo weird to think about!



We can't wait to meet you Baby Boy! But please stay cooking for at least 2 more weeks :)

2 comments:

  1. Super cute nursery and pictures!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are getting down to just a few weeks!!!! You are so close!!! I love to see your updates and hear how things are going. I love your nursery!! Baby boy will love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...