We had a pretty eventful few weeks! At my 35 weeks appointment I was a 1.5 and 70%, then at 36 weeks I was 2 and 75% and then last week at 37 I was 2.5 and 75%. So if this trend continues hopefully I'll find out at my appointment tomorrow that I'm a 3! It's nice knowing I'm getting some of this out of the way already and hopefully it will mean labor won't be so long?!
We also had an ultrasound at 37 weeks to measure baby's head. I don't think I ever mentioned it on this blog because at the time I was really worried about it and just didn't feel like sharing it with the world. But about a month ago my sister, Dr. Emma, did an ultrasound and his head was measuring about 3 weeks ahead of his body! I was really upset because I was worried something was wrong, but she told me everything looked good so I tried to be calm. When I told my dr his eyes got wide and he told me we'd do another ultrasound later to make sure I wouldn't need a c-section. So needless to say, I've been a little worried about his cute noggin.
So at the ultrasound we learned that baby's body is measuring a little ahead and his head is only measuring a week ahead! YAY! So nothing crazy there :) Although, he is definitely a BIG boy. I've been saying all along that he needs to come out a little early or he's going to be 10 pounds and the ultrasound pretty much confirmed my fears. I've already had TWO nightmares where he comes out the size of a toddler and can walk/talk. Oh and he colored with green marker all over our walls his first day home (hahaha!)
Okay tangent... speaking of crazy dreams--I have had such this urge to ride a bike. (I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...) So last night I had a dream that I had this like huge blob thing that didn't have wheels or anything but you could sit on it and use your feet to push it around and it was kind of like riding a bike, but it was just a big blob. It looked exactly like those little water blob glitter tube toy thingies, but a lot bigger. Perfect for a 9 month pregnant woman! It was really fun going down hills hahaha! Pregnancy dreams are cray cray.
Anyway, based on his leg, tummy, and head measurements he weighs about 7 pounds 2 ounces! At 37 weeks! That's how much Landon weighed when he was BORN haha! She said the ultrasound can be off by half a pound, but it is pretty accurate. He is really the cutest thing I have ever seen! The ultrasound tech showed us his HAIR and he already has a chubby little face and such a round tummy. I can't handle how cute he is! He also got hiccups while she was doing the ultrasound, SO sweet! He gets hiccups like 50 times a day, for real.
![]() |
| I can't stop staring at this face!!!!! |
When my dr was talking to us about the results of the ultrasound he kept saying things like, "yep, that is one healthy boy!" and, "hopefully he comes this week!!" I wanted to ask my dr if he'd strip my membranes at my next appointment (tomorrow) but was nervous because I know a lot of doctors won't do it until 39 weeks. So I said to him, "I wanted to ask you about stripping my membranes" and he said, "do you want to do it today?!" oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it! I was only 37.5 weeks but since he was measuring so big and my BP has been on the high side, my doctor made an exception. It wasn't the most comfortable thing ever and I knew that it wasn't a guarantee I would go into labor or anything... but I'm not going to lie, I was SO excited thinking that I could be having my baby soon!
Well obviously I am sitting here typing this pregnant as ever so it didn't work! I guess Baby Boy just isn't quite ready. We even went on 3 walks the next day and they weren't just normal walks. I did the whole curb stomping thing, I ran, I jumped, I marched... not a single contraction, it just made me exhausted haha. I went a little crazy over the next few days... I think it was especially hard because I got my hopes up. On top of the fact that I'm still as nauseous as ever and just SO ready to meet this baby. I felt LEGIT crazy. My poor sister.... I was begging her to use a crochet needle to break my water.
My dr told me he would try it more aggressively tomorrow at my next appointment but I'm also going to ask him when he will induce me. Normally for first time moms they won't induce until 41 weeks but considering how far dilated I am, how big the baby is, and my BP I'm PRAYING he will induce me at 39 weeks (or maybe earlier?!?!) Because really, by 41 weeks he's going to be 12 pounds. I can't do that. So we're really hoping that we get to meet this sweet boy in a week or sooner!
Baby is the Size of a: Well, since he's a lot bigger than what the baby apps say this isn't completely accurate ha. Last week he was the size of swiss chard and this week he's apparently the size of a leek. I feel like a more accurate description is a watermelon haha. :) He should only weigh about 6 1/2 pounds right now, but considering he was already 7 pounds 2 ounces last week, he's probably closer to 8 pounds... oh man!
Cravings: Cereal and tater tots. (Cue Napoleon Dynamite quotes.)
Food Aversions: Meh, still not a huge fan of food.
Symptoms: Still regularly nauseous, but not puking! Some nights when I feel really gross I get a little crazy and just want this baby out NOW. It's going to be so weird when I'm not sick anymore! I can't even remember what that feels like. Other than that just the usual third trimester things... hard to maneuver, pee every 5 seconds, heartburn. The usual stuff. That stuff compared to the nausea is like nothing, so I'm really not even bothered by it.
Fears: I thought by now I'd be feeling REALLY scared about labor, but my sister said something on my instagram that I realized is so true! I posted this silly meme about how every month has 30-31 days, except for the last month of pregnancy which has 1431 days... and she said, "I think it's meant to be like that so we don't care how they get out." HA! That must be true because I am not even scared about labor at ALL. Just get him out please! :)
General Mood: So happy! But the past week my emotions have also been WAY out of control. I keep crying. I am really sensitive. I get mad pretty darn easily... haha I think I'm going a little bit crazy over here just waiting for baby. And honestly I've already cried like 5 times today thinking about meeting MY son. Oh my gosh. All the feels. I can't handle it. I've waited for this my whole life and I can't believe I'm going to be a MOM and finally meet my sweet boy!!!!
Sleep: It's been a little bit harder to sleep lately, but nothing too bad. I do wake up a ton and then in the morning I wake up pretty early but sometimes I can manage to go back to sleep. I'm trying to get all I can because I know I'm going to be a little deprived pretty soon here!
Movement: Slowing down for sure, but he still turns into a ninja every night. It's soooo fun watching my belly contort into all these crazy shapes. I keep telling him to break his water! :) I'm really going to miss feeling him wiggle around all day. It's my absolute FAVORITE thing.
Looking Forward To: Well of course we are just dying to meet this sweet boy. DYING. I can't handle it. I know I should jut be relaxing right now and soaking in these last few days of freedom, but I don't even want it! I'm just so so so so ready for him to be here so I can hold him and kiss him ALL day :)
Alright and take a look at this BELLY. I feel like I'm not even a human anymore haha. It's also the craziest thing to think that these might be my last ever bump pictures with this baby!



Seriously, you are the cutest mom!!! You're not even swollen. I'm a little jealous. You think you love baby boy now but I'm telling you something magical/spiritual happens when you see your baby in person. Best moment EVER!!! It's divine, it's overwhelming love!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
ReplyDelete