Sunday, December 27, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 21 & 22 Weeks!

I think I'm going to slow down with the pregnancy updates and maybe just post every other week. There isn't really too much going on, other than both baby and I are working on getting fatter. Ha! We really love this baby boy SO much and can't believe he'll be here in 18 weeks. What the crazy!!

Baby is the Size of a: Last week he was a carrot (10.5 inches!) and this week he is a spaghetti squash (11 inches and ONE POUND!!!) He's just getting so big and strong.

Cravings: CEREAL, especially Life cereal. I seriously could eat it for every meal!! I also have been eating a lot of cuties (clementines) and love any kind of starchy food--pasta, potatoes, bread.

Food Aversions: food in general :)

Symptoms: Still puking, but not as much. I also forgot to mention a really funny symptom I've been having this whole time... I have a really bad peeing problem! TMI but every time I throw up, I pee my pants. I finally learned that I have to sit on the toilet and hold a bucket to puke in. Gross huh? Sneezing can also be very tricky! ;) I'm also SO emotional. Like one morning last week I was working and looking out the window at the snow and listening to Christmas music and just started sobbing, like uncontrollably. I was just overcome with emotions of gratitude, and happiness, and love and Christmas... haha. It's pretty funny. Also, pregnancy brain is the REAL deal.

Fears: Oh man, I don't know if pregnancy has made me more anxious or what, but I definitely have had some "panic" moments the past few weeks. I've had some dull, cramping on and off so of course it freaks me out. Baby boy also is VERY active at night when I am laying down, but the other night he didn't move at all. So I had nightmares all night, got up to pee at 5am and then couldn't fall back to sleep until 5:30 when he FINALLY kicked me. I seriously was fearing the worst, but I really just need to calm down and trust that he is healthy and strong.

General Mood: Emotional!! Happy and grateful.

Sleep: Still SO sleepy and consistently getting 8-9 hours of sleep every night. It's heaven. Pure heaven.

Maternity Clothes: Same, just maternity jeans and sweats/jammies :) I also got some really cute maternity shirts for Christmas, so I've started to wear some of those too. My belly is huge! I seriously can't believe it has 18 more weeks to get even bigger. Ahhh!

Movement: He's definitely a busy little boy and gets most active at night when I'm trying to sleep. I'll kiss Landon goodnight and then roll over and just start giggling because it almost tickles, plus I just love it so much so it just makes me happy/giggly. Landon also has started to lay on my belly to feel him kicking and he can actually hear it too which is so cool! One night baby boy wasn't moving, but then Landon laid his head on my belly and started talking to him and he totally started kicking! I swear he recognized his daddy's voice and wanted to say hi :)

Looking Forward To: I knew that after Christmas-craziness was over I was going to want to start working on baby stuff. So I'm really looking forward to getting his room set up and doing research on baby gear and kind of just getting ready for him :)

And here are a few bump pictures for the past few weeks. I'm feeling so huge these days, but I really just love it!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...