Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 20 Weeks!

Half way!!! Ahh! This is going by SO fast. Today I have been extra grateful for this healthy baby. When I found out I was pregnant again one month after my miscarriage, we didn't have much hope. We weren't even excited because we were just so scared. Now baby boy is so big and we are just so grateful he is healthy. My heart could burst! I also can't believe how soon he will be here! Like we are going to be parents? This is for real?! It doesn't feel real!

Anyway, here's the update for the week :)

Baby is the Size of a: Banana! He's 10 inches from his head to toe. Up until now, the apps have been telling me how long he is from head to bum, but now they start measuring from head to toe. 10 inches seems so big to me! From here on out he's pretty much all developed, just working on getting bigger. I'm pretty much convinced he's going to be a chubster :)

Cravings: Still not having any weird cravings... I just love bland food! Top ramen, rice, mashed potatoes, tater tots.

Food Aversions: Food in general is still pretty gross. I can't wait to have my appetite back!

Symptoms: Well, I did an experiment this week and tried to not take my nausea medicine. I was still throwing up on the pills, just not as much. So I wasn't sure if they were actually helping or not. Turns out they were definitely helping! So this week I felt a lot worse than last week, but now I'm taking my pills again and feeling a bit better. Still nauseous, but puking less.

Fears: I had girls lunch with my besties this week and I just can't really handle hearing their stories of  labor and recovery! Holy cow! I don't know how my mom had 9 kids!!!

General Mood: Pretty good, but definitely still moody and a bit impatient I'd say haha.

Sleep: Oh man, this week I haven't been sleeping as good. I've heard as you get bigger it gets harder to sleep but I was kind of thinking that would happen around 30 weeks not 20 haha. So my hips have started to get achey at night and I've been waking up in the middle of the night with headaches and nausea. Oh well!

Maternity Clothes: Just maternity jeans and sweats. I live in my jammies and yoga pants!

Movement: Oh he is SO busy! I really LOVE feeling him move all day. I've noticed that he gets active after I eat and then every night as I go to bed he's wide awake. It's my favorite to lay there and feel him kicking and moving around. Landon also felt him kick again this morning! Ahhh it's so special!

Looking Forward To: Christmas, of course! :) I can't believe next Christmas I'll have a little 8 month old crawling around!! Ahhhh! :)

And here's the 20 week BUMP. Everyone keeps teasing me that I look further along than I am, but I just don't care. I love being pregnant!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are adorable! I'm so happy you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable! I'm so happy you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...