Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Post about Blogging.

I literally have 10 posts sitting in my drafts right now. I feel so all over the place with blogging. I'm in a blog rut of sorts and I need to get out of it PRONTO.

I like to say this blog is for my future kids, but who knows if they will even read it... (Honestly, if my mom had a blog and documented her life I would read every.single.word. So I'm hoping my kids feel that way too!) But this blog is also simply for me. Kind of selfish, but that's the truth. I absolutely LOVE going back and reading old posts. In fact, I just spent over an hour reading posts from 2009 and early 2010... Oh my GOODNESS. It is SO fun to look back and reminisce about our newlywed life. I'm so glad I documented it and wrote how I was feeling and what we were up to.

Like this one about our first basement apartment. Man I LOVED that place. But looking back on it now... it was nasty! I didn't care at all though because it was OURS.

Man, how I loved that teeny tiny kitchen :)
Or this one and this one about Spotty the egg that Landon literally incubated for a month. Most people don't know this, and Landon will deny it... but that boy has the sweetest, biggest heart. (Spoiler alert... Spotty didn't make it :(


Or this one about how hard it was to work and go to school at the same time. I forget what it was like to be a student and how stressed I would be, but then how being around Landon immediately calmed me down. It's still like that by the way :) I can be having a horrible day and then I see Landon and it's like none of it even matters anymore. I'm so grateful that he can calm me down, because I'm a stress case!
Back when we were just BABIES! Okay, maybe we look the same but still :)
Anyway, reading all these old posts made me remember WHY I blog. I blog because it is so important to document our lives. The hard times, the good times, the thoughts and feelings and goals we have. We are always changing and growing and it's amazing how much you can learn from YOURSELF when you read things you wrote years ago. So I want to start blogging more about OTHER things... not just posts about what we've been up to. Because that's all I've been blogging about for the past few months.

On Friday I text Landon and told him I was feeling weird. It was hard to put my finger on the feeling, because it wasn't necessarily sad, but kind of. I just felt weird. I think part of that "weird" feeling is because I haven't really taken the time to sort through my feelings. And the way I sort through my feelings is by writing them down, oftentimes through a blog post. So get ready for some "feeling" posts coming your way :)

This is a very Sunday appropriate post because we've been told over and over how important it is to keep a journal. This is one of my favorite quotes about keeping a journal (or a blog!)

"What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved? Some of what you write may be humdrum dates and places, but there will also be rich passages that will be quoted by your posterity. … Get a notebook, a journal (or a blog!) that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity. Begin today and write in it your going and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements, and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies." -President Spencer W. Kimball

Wouldn't it be cool if my great-great-great-grandchild read my blog and was inspired by words I had written? That just blows my mind! Anyway, I'm so excited to be more open on this blog again and share with you the crazy jumble that is my brain right now! Stay tuned ;)


2 comments:

  1. You should do a now and then post Hannah photos of you guys photos of your home photos of your family just random photos of now and then since you love to blog post so much I just I would be interested in meeting that post the blog that mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I can't WAIT for your "feelings" posts. It will remind me so much of when we were carpooling to student teaching. And seriously, your kids are going to love reading this. What a great gift to give them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...