Monday, July 7, 2014

Life Lately.

I don't have a whole lot to stay, but felt like blogging. So here's a random post :)

  • All I can think about is LONDON! Seriously, I have spent hours researching and planning and learning. With only 3.5 days there, I really want to have our stay planned out perfectly so we can maximize our time. There's so much to do and see! I've also been trying to figure out where to stay without breaking the bank. There's an awesome site called airbnb where you stay in someone's apartment. It sounds kind of weird, but it's awesome. You have the place to yourself and it's a really cheap way to travel. We used it last time we were in Vancouver, Canada.

    This is one of my favorite places so far, but it's a little pricey for our budget (via)
    And guess what? Landon's mom Suzette and her husband Jason are coming on the cruise and to England with us! We seriously can't wait and it will make the cruise even more fun, which I didn't think was possible. Ahhh! We couldn't be happier that they are coming! It's going to be the best.
  • We spent a night at the beach for my bosses' 4th of July party at their beach house. I brought my camera, but only took 2 pictures. It was actually really nice to not worry about it, but of course now I regret it. Oh well. We had a great time and it's always really fun to stay at a hotel. We brought our folding bikes and did a 12.5 mile bike ride along the beach and through the woods. It was beautiful and our legs were definitely feeling it after. I also came up with the term "hicycling" which is when you take your bike on some rough trails and there's a lot of uphills. I'm not a big fan of hicycling. Nope, not at all.

I didn't take this picture, but this is what the trail looks like :) (via)
  • So I reached my goal weight a few weeks ago and lost 17 pounds! I honestly didn't know if I would be able to do it when I started 3 months ago. I proved to myself that I do have willpower, which is pretty awesome. It's definitely not easy and it really is a complete lifestyle change. People ask me what I'm doing and it's really not anything fancy. I eat around 1500 calories a day and workout 5-6 times a week. Also, I eat a small bowl of ice-cream almost every night. I'm living proof that you can eat sweets every day and still lose weight! ;) So now I'm officially at my college weight, but I actually want to lose another 7 pounds. That will put me smack dab in the middle of where I should be for my height and body frame. So I figure that's a pretty good place to be. I've  moved on from Jillian Michaels (I got so sick of her voice) and I've been doing workouts from a husband and wife team called "Fitness Blender." They have a youtube channel and have over 500 videos. I do a different video every day and switch between HIIT cardio & strength training. I feel really happy and healthy, and that's what's important. It's really not about being "skinny" although it is nice to fit into clothes I haven't worn in years :) Oh, and I can do a REAL push-up now. I've never, ever been able to do that! 3 months ago I could hardly even do a girl push-up!




    I won't tell you the before and after numbers, but look at that chart! I can't believe it.

  • I have a big case of the "what-ifs." We leave for our big sailing trip to Newport on Friday and I'm starting to feel a little bit panicky. Have you seen Tarzan? Well, we are watching it right now on Netflix and I feel exactly like the elephant. (Side note: I love elephants. So much.)


    We have spent months prepping our boat, we have been sailing every week for 18 months, we have studied charts, tides, and wind, and we are completely ready. But I just don't feel ready. I feel kind of scared. I have this fear that Landon is going to fall off the boat in the middle of the ocean and I'm not going to be able to get him back. One time his hat fell off the boat and I was at the wheel. Guess what? It sunk. I couldn't get it in time. So now I'm having nightmares where I'm trying to get the hat that fell off, but it's not a hat anymore... it's my Landon. I'm going to puke. Bah! I'm trying to do that thing I like to do, where I trick my brain into thinking I'm excited instead of scared, but so far I'm leaning way towards scared. I guess I have a few days to work on my attitude.


    P.S. I made Landon look up the sea temperatures and the ocean is actually relatively warm right now.  Humans can last 2-7 hours before going unconscious in the current conditions, and Landon is a great swimmer. So my fears really are irrational.  I can definitely get him back on the boat within 2 hours if he falls off. I think he's going to be okay :)
  • Okay, but how romantic is it going to be to literally sail off into the sunset? Who actually DOES that? It's going to be crazy to be all alone in the ocean miles and miles away from civilization and any other humans for that matter. I'm not sure what we are going to do all day, but it sure will be nice to spend over a week together with nothing to do but hang out.
via
  • And last, but not least...life is really good. Like really, really good. I feel so happy and content where I am right now. I love being a wife. I love being a nanny. I love being a puppy-mama. I'm excited for the future (future=having kids), but totally and completely living happily in the present. It actually took me awhile to reach this place. But I'll tell you what... it feels good, real good :)


    That's all folks! I won't be blogging for at least another week and a half, but be ready for some awesome tales from our adventures at SEA! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...