Saturday, March 15, 2014

Utah Trip.

Oh man, I knew I would regret it but I didn't take my camera out ONCE this whole trip. I don't know what came over me. I think I was just too overwhelmed and the thought of taking pictures just seemed too big of a task. Silly me. So, the only pictures I have are ones from people's phones. And I didn't take pictures with everyone like I should have. Ugh. So mad.

Anyway, I can't believe I was in Utah last weekend. It was just such a blur and went by WAY too fast. I think I would need to be there for a month to feel like I really got to be with everyone. There's just something very overwhelming and heartbreaking about seeing people you love and have missed so much and then have to say bye to them that very same day. My heart can hardly handle it honestly. I love living in Oregon, so much, but I wish Utah wasn't so far away. 

I got there late on Thursday night. My flight was delayed by 30 minutes, which isn't too big of a deal...other than I had a date with Cafe Rio and I HAD to make it before closing. My cute parents picked me up (my dad's appointment went great by the way) and then rushed me home to Sandy to go to good ole Rio by 9. Turns out they were open until 10, but either way I was so happy to eat my pork tacos in my childhood home with my family. Such a perfect night.

Friday was full of more yummy Utah food. Normandie with my sisters Mary, Emma, my mom, my niece Jolene, and our friend (practically my sister!) Tanya. Yummy! That night we went to Zupas and then saw Les Mis at the Hale Theatre. Unbelievable. I've always been a huge Les Mis fan and seeing it live is amazing. I thought I could maybe get through it one time without crying. Nope! Also, this is the only picture I have from that day. I'm the lamest (I don't care if that's not a word).


Saturday was the day I got to see my whole family (well the ones that live in Utah). We met everyone at the zoo and it is always so shocking to see how much my nieces and nephews have grown up! Some of them don't know who I am, so that's really hard, but I think they warmed up to me by the end of the day. 

my oldest niece, Savannah. We are only 9 years apart. I can't believe how grown up she is!!
My second oldest niece. We both love elephants :)

Mary made me take Jolene down this freaky slide that made me claustrophobic. But Jolene liked it :)
After the zoo everyone came over for dinner. Landon called me while I was sitting in the family room and told me it sounded like I was at a mall. Haha! Nope, just at home with my ginormous family! It was really hard to say bye to everyone after just seeing them for the first time in months. Ugh!

Sunday was church and seeing my Erica and meeting her cute Levi! I just love that girl and love her little boy who is her mini-me. I wish I would've taken a picture. Erica is one of my heroes. 

After church I drove up to Bountiful to see our friends Jen, Dave, and their baby Lydia. Oh she is just soooo cute! It was so good to catch up with them and we cannot wait for them to visit us again this summer! We love them so much.


Later my mom, Mary, Jolene, and I went to the park and enjoyed the sunshine. Jolene is such a princess and was so timid about riding the slides, so she just rode the same one over and over. So cute! She also calls me "Aunty Hannah" which pretty much melts my heart. Love that little girl! 


Trina and Liam came by to visit later that night, but unfortunately with our timing we only had 10 minutes. But it was SO good to see them, even if it was just for a minute. It meant a lot to me that Trina came to see me!


Monday I woke up feeling sick knowing I had to leave that night. Mary, my mom, and I went to lunch at Olive Garden (no pictures of course!) and then I went to Draper to see Jenna, Amelia, and Grace. I could have stayed forever just chatting and playing with her cute kids, but time went by way too fast and before I knew it I was saying bye to another person that means so much to me. And of course we forgot to take a picture. 

I didn't mean for this post to be so negative, but I guess it was a very happy and sad trip. I was very happy at the beginning and very sad by the end. I went to Cafe Rio one more time and then it was time to say bye to Mary and Jolene and my parents took me to the airport. I didn't cry once, until I said bye to them and had to walk away heartbroken. 

I got on the plane, still fighting tears, and then was happy again because I knew I was flying back home to 3 cute boys. It's crazy how many different emotions I experienced in such a short amount of time. So many mixed feelings. So much happiness to see loved ones and so much sadness in saying goodbye. I am SO glad I got to see everyone and hoping to be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...