Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Disneyland & Cruise

Basically the recipe for my dream vacation. We had been looking forward to our cruise for MONTHS but didn't know the Disneyland part was going to be happening until four days before we left. Landon called to tell me that his brother Tanner, who lives in L.A., might be able to get us into Disneyland for free. I literally cried. I guess you can say I'm a little obsessed.

So this post could be really long, but I'm already months behind (we went at the beginning of May!) so I'm just going to stick to bullet points.

Highs
  • Disneyland. Obviously. It really is the happiest place on earth. Thanks so much for a great time Tanner and Matt!

    Splash Mountain
    one of my favorites. so hard to choose!

    I have a love/hate relationship with The Tower of Terror. It is truly terrifying.
    World of Color never gets old. 
  • Getting to spend time with Landon's brother Tanner. We sure do miss him. When he dropped us off at the cruise terminal we were really sad--even though we were about to go on a cruise. We just wanted to sneak Tanner and Matt on with us :)

  • All you can eat food. Nuff said.

    one of the dining rooms.
  • At least one nap a day, every single day. Heavenly!

    our tiny little inside cabin. One of the perks of being an inside cabin with no windows? You can take amazing naps because it's always pitch black :)
  • 10 days straight with my love.



  • Walking across The Golden Gate Bridge (and walking a total of 13 miles that day in order to do it)






  • Walking along the miles of trails in Nanaimo.



  • Hiking Mount Lynn in Vancouver, B.C.
Suspension bridges are scary!!




amazing view from the top (3200 ft)


Lows:

  • To put it nicely, we are not huge fans of Norwegian Cruise Line. So far we have cruised with Carnival, Princess, and Holland. Norwegian is at the bottom.

  • Missing our puppies. This was our first time leaving them and it seriously was so much harder than we thought it would be. Luckily, they were in amazing hands. Thanks so much Rob, Diane, and family for taking care of our boys! We owe you big time.

  • Landon getting really sick on the day we left to go home. Stupid germ-invested boat!
We had such a good time being on a vacation together. There's really nothing better. I can't wait for our next one, to Europe maybe? Yes please.

1 comment:

  1. I love this trip. So so much!! This is the first year we haven't been to Disneyland since we've been married and we are so sad about it. :( Your cruise looks amazing, and spending whole days straight with each other is the BEST!! I'm so glad you like to vacation like we do. :) We can't wait to see you soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...