Thursday, December 13, 2012

Life Lately.

Time to play catch up.

Thumbalina the sailboat is SO close to being done!!! Ahhhh! It's really exciting to think that in about a month we will be taking her out for the first time.

installing the dagger board

don't ask me what a dagger board does, but he had to put it through the boat :)
stepping the mast for the first time! 

the mast is SOOO tall.

view from our bedroom on the second floor. 
just practicing :) I think he's cute.

first layer of primer went on tonight! it's so close to being done!

We bought a new toilet. Remember the gross, nasty wooden toilet seats we had? Well those were the LEAST of our problems with our toilets. Gonna spare you the nasty details, but did you know replacing a toilet is the grossest thing ever? Yuck. But, on the plus side it was an amazing feeling to smash our old toilet to smithereens. Great way to let off some steam :)


much better.
I've been getting my craft on and am working on sewing a tree skirt. It took me two hours to pick out the fabric. I'm copying the style of my mother-in-law's tree skirt because it's the cutest.


I hate that "elf on the shelf" has become so popular lately. I blame pinterest.... But the elves have been around for over 24 years at Landon's house so they will continue to stay at our house too. 





Daren and Dawsen (Landon's dad and brother) came to visit over Thanksgiving. I never blogged about it because I'm awful. But it was a BLAST. We went to the beach, to the Tillamook cheese factory, skiing, went into downtown Portland, played Killer Bunnies, and cooked a delicious feast (not pictured, unfortunately I sucked at taking pictures that day).


love that sample line.

when I first met him he was shorter than me :( he's getting too big.
the waves were scary big, even though you can't really tell in this picture.

we walked through this really cool tunnel to check out the other side of the hill. Oregon has the coolest beaches.

if you haven't played Killer Bunnies, you are missing out!



Voodoo doughnuts is very "Portland" and at least Landon is looking at the camera? Oh Landon...
Hannah got run over by a reindeer. Well kinda. It may have just been a deer. On my way to work this morning in the pitch black, a deer decided to run right into my car. I didn't even have time to react before it was happening.... I just saw the deer and a split second later...BAM. Luckily, the deer wasn't in the middle of the road because it could have been A LOT worse. I saw the deer limping off so I'm really hoping she's okay. My mom told me she's probably just bruised :( but she completely knocked off my side mirror. It was a traumatizing experience to say the least.



On Monday we had the little boy I nanny sleep over at our house (the little girl and parents were in NYC.) It was basically like playing house with Landon and I was in heaven. The little boy LOVES Landon and had to do everything he was doing, gave him lots of kisses, and loved playing with him. I love watching Landon with kiddos, it's my absolute favorite. Kids are just drawn to him and he's so cute with them. I can't handle it.


And last but not least, we leave for Utah next week! AHHH! So excited to see my family and friends and pick up my puppies :)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? The boats name is Thumbalina? LOL, can I?

    And it was so good to see you guys! I miss you Hannah, and your enthusiasm for life, it's contagious. I hope you always stay that way! Have fun with your puppies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...