We also wanted to start some new "Oregon" Christmas traditions. Thanks to google, I found two really neat things that Oregon has to offer--Christmas Ships and Peacock Lane.
We rode the train downtown to check out all the boats decked out for Christmas on the Willamette river. Landon of course loves boats, so this was extra special :) I haven't figured out how to use my camera all the way, so the pictures aren't great, but it was really cute.
| you can't tell but this is Santa's sleigh :) |
| we kissed under the mistletoe :) |
Then it was off to Utah for a week. Wohoo! I loved every minute getting to see family and friends. Some highlights:
Meeting the puppies. It was love at first sight. They really are the cutest. Henry is the black one--he is Landon's. Oliver is the shaggy one--he is mine.
![]() |
| Oliver aka Ollie. He only weighs 3.3 pounds! So tiny. |
![]() |
| Henry and Daddy. |
Going to see the lights at temple square on Christmas Eve. It was the first time I've seen the lights in the snow. It was absolutely magical. I also got to see my father-in-law Daren who was in town from Texas too. Loved seeing him!
We got a WHITE Christmas! Yay for snow!
Christmas morning breakfast. Every Christmas my mom and dad cook a delicious breakfast, complete with Christmas crackers (I love that my parents are British!) Growing up (and to this day) we always had to have breakfast together as a family before we could open presents. Talk about ANTICIPATION! I secretly loved it, even if it meant opening my presents at noon!
Seeing my whole family--minus four of my siblings and their families :( It sure is hectic, but I love my family SO much.
| I don't even think this is half of my nieces and nephews |
| love our silly crowns from the crackers. I told Layla she was a princess. |
| Layla called Jer a princess after she put her crown on him :) |
Skyping with my little brother on Christmas! Oh man, I miss that boy. He is serving an LDS mission in Goiania Brazil for two years. He didn't stop smiling the whole 40 minutes. I've never seen him so happy!
Getting to see Toni and Jenna! I was so happy to see them. It had been over a YEAR. Plus, I got to meet Jenna's cute baby Amelia and I'm in love. She's a doll. These girls have been my best friends since Elementary school and I'm so glad I still have them :)
Seeing Les Mis the day after Christmas. Holy moly. Cried for 2.5 hours straight. It was amazing. The play is my favorite, so I was worried they would completely botch it, but it was fantastic. Ahhh I want to see it again right now.
Eating out at all my favorite Utah places. Cafe Rio, Zupas, Pei Wei, and Tucannos. We ate goooood. Oregon sucks at life when it comes to restaurants.
Getting to see Jen and Dave. The day we drove home we stopped by Ogden and they made us breakfast. Aren't they the cutest? We seriously LOVE them. They are so much fun--we were just laughing the whole time. I can't wait to go on a cruise with them this summer!!!
Hanging out with my big sis Mary. We went to Olive Garden just the two of us. It's our tradition and we used to go every week. I love my sister!!!
Staying at my brother Tim's house. Why oh why did I not get any pictures with Tim and Ang? Sorry guys! We seriously LOVED spending time with them and staying at the "Miller Mansion." They are so cute for letting us stay at their house AND for giving us their puppies!
Saying goodbye was really hard, but hopefully we will be back to Utah SOON! I seriously couldn't even get the words out to say I love you to my parents because I was too sad, but I love you guys! I miss you every day. I got to spend A LOT of one on one time with them too and I was just soaking in every minute. I'm so lucky.
| aren't they the cutest? |
![]() |
| passed out on my lap. love them. |
| our tiny tree next to all the huge presents. Don't worry we just bought a 7.5 ft tree that is 58 inches wide for next year! :) |
We finished the day by going to the mall to pick out Landon's lego and then to Red Lobster. It was so fun for Landon to pick his humongous 3000+ piece lego. There were a few looks of envy and even a "woah, congratulations" from the sales clerk :)
| he's way too cute! |
I think it's safe to say that Christmas 2012 was our best Christmas yet.
P.S. 1 year ago tomorrow we became home owners! Time flies.
P.P.S. If you read this whole post, you get a gold star.



I read the whole post. :) it was great!
ReplyDeleteGold star for you!!! :)
DeleteI read the whole post too - you're a wonderwoman H :) loved all the family photos and Landon with his Lego was a treat.Your Yorkies are adorable, hope they settle in with you quickly and they enjoy their new home and their new mum and dad. Love you all lots xx**xx. A. Wendy
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Wendy! Love you too! :)
Deletei hope the puppies are good for you Hannah. i really missed not being home this year and i can't believe how skinny Joe is looking. love you so much little sister.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nick! I missed you SOOO much. I hope I get to see you guys again before you go to Spain. I love you Nick!!!
DeleteI would like my gold star please! The pictures, the post - yay, so great!
ReplyDeletegold star for you!! :) congrats on #3 Wendy! Loved your Christmas card!! YAY!!!
Delete