Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wasting My Time?

So over two months ago, I made some goals...mostly about being more healthy. Some of my rules were not to eat after 9 p.m., eat more fruits and veggies, and go running regularly (every day except for weekends pretty much). Well I've actually been doing pretty good at all my goals, but the problem is I feel like I'm just wasting my time. I don't feel any healthier and I certainly don't look any better. Maybe it just takes longer than 2 months...but I feel like I should be seeing at least some result...right? Sometimes I feel like giving up, but I don't because I really do love the feeling after a long run. I feel accomplished and proud.

I go running every night for around 3 miles and I can do a little less than a 10 minute mile (so I shouldn't even call what I do running...but oh well!) After my run, Landon and I go on a 2 mile walk. I cannot even tell you how much I enjoy these walks with my husband. We both have very busy schedules during the day, but every night for half an hour we have nothing to do but enjoy each other's company. Its on these walks that we really get to talk to each other. Not just small talk as we are passing each other during the day, but actual deep conversations. I love Landon so much. Whenever I vent about someone (or something) he reminds me to be positive and to look at the situation from their point of view... that's something he's been blessed with, and I'm lucky to have him. He makes me better and I'm grateful for our nightly walks! :) For now, I guess I'll keep up with my "healthy goals" because at least one good thing is coming from it!

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! You have no idea how I crave a good run and just can't get out there. So enjoy every single moment for me. I think that going on a walk together is the BEST thing for any marriage and I only wish Jer and I did it. You two have such a good start to a wonderful marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...