My idol--this little young lady.

At the age of 4 (or even younger) my sister Emma would dress me up as Shirley Temple and I would sing and dance for her friends. There was not a shy bone in my body.
In elementary school I did a few acting classes and a few plays and my sixth grade teacher even predicted in our school yearbook that I was the next Julia Roberts! I believed it too.
Then something happened... I lost all confidence in myself. I realized there was NO WAY I could be famous. I think this realization hit me when my dad took me to an agent and we saw it was going to cost A TON of money just to get me in a commercial.
My heart was broken and I stopped trying out for plays, stopped performing for my family and virtually gave up.
In high school, I decided to give my singing another shot. I began taking singing lessons again and tried out for school choir. I made the Acapella choir and all girls choir, but I didn't make Madrigals (the highest choir). I don't think I've ever cried so hard as I did that day. I gave up again by not trying out for choir in college.
And this is where I'm at right now. No sign of singing or acting in my future. My own mom has not heard me sing because I'm that embarrassed of my voice. I am definitely not that ambitious little 3 year old I used to be...
But, I am doing something completely out of my comfort zone this Sunday.
I'M SINGING IN CHURCH!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. I'm so nervous I could pass out. My cousin Melyssa begged and begged me to sing a duet with her, so I'm doing it. Maybe my future of singing isn't lost completely :)
I guess we'll just see how it goes this Sunday. Wish me luck!!!
Good for you! I was going to say, you should do singing lessons. There are so many opportunities to be involved at church through music.
ReplyDeleteK, Hannah, I have to say that as your choir buddy in Chamber choir, I think you have a BEAUTIFUL voice! No dissin'!
ReplyDelete