The night before the wedding, I went through the temple and afterwards went to Zupas (my FAVORITE) with mine and Landon's family. It was the PERFECT way to set the tone for the next day!
I came home, received a blessing from my daddy, and fell asleep watching Aladin (for those of you who don't know me, Aladin is my comfort movie). I honestly didn't think I would sleep at all because that whole week I had been too antsy and excited, but for some reason I fell asleep instantly and slept like a baby! I was so calm and peaceful, which is weird for me :)
I woke up that morning at 6 a.m. and my best friend Jenna came over and did my make up! She is such a sweet girl and bought all this make up so she could make me pretty! Then, I went over to Salon Dante and met up with the rest of my friends to get my hair done. It honestly felt like a complete dream and it had NOT hit me that I was getting married in just a few hours! Such an UNREAL feeling.
Well, I arrived at the temple with my parents and saw Landon for the first time sitting in the waiting room. My heart was just pounding and I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. I felt so at peace and so overwhelmingly happy! The temple ceremony was perfect. Words can't explain what I felt as I knelt across the alter from my love, knowing that I got to keep him forever. I will never forget this moment.
The rest of the day was a complete blur! After taking pictures at the temple, Landon and I drove up Little Cottonwood Canyon and tried to soak in the fact that we were MARRIED! We just kept saying things like "we really are married...." or "You are my husband..." Neither of us could really believe it :)
We then met up with family and close friends at Olive Garden and straight from there headed to the reception center to set up. The reception was PERFECT! We did the traditional line and then my daddy sang to me. I have grown up my whole life with my dad singing and playing The Beatles. It is such a huge part of me! So it meant THE WORLD to have my dad sing "In My Life" to me. I had begged and begged him for months and I honestly didn't think he would do it. It was so sweet. After that, we cut the cake, danced our first dance, tossed the boquet/garter, and had a PARTY! It was SO fun to dance and be silly and everyone had such a fun time!
It was honestly the perfect day! Now, here are pictures! Sorry for all the words, but like I've said over and over...this is like my journal :)
That was a very good day!!! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh don't you apologize for all of the words. I LOVED getting to read about all of the details and seeing all of the pictures. You looked gorgeous and it really does look and sound like the perfect day. I'm so happy that you had such a beautiful wedding and I am still SO SORRY that we missed it. We would loved to have been there.
ReplyDeleteHannah that was beautiful! It sounded like a poem!!!! You can write!! Made me want to cry I could feel your joy in that post! Congrats again!!
ReplyDelete