Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween Festivities.

We had the best October with our sweet little Charlie Dean. He was just SO cute this year because he is starting to understand the holidays. Anytime he saw a skeleton he would say, "Kinda spooky Mama!" I can't even handle him.

Here are some highlights...

The pumpkin patch was so much fun. He loved touching/sitting/bouncing on all of the pumpkins. Kuwahara Farms does a really great job (and it's free!) with these greenhouses with different themes. Charlie got really freaked out by the "scary tree" but other than that he had a great time. :)


















We also went to Gardener Village with cousins and Nana and Pops. Charlie LOVES playing with his cousins and thought the witches were pretty cool.














Howling like a "wolf wolf" (werewolf) with Dad




Please zoom in on his face...
We also went to the Scarecrow Festival with cousins. It was actually really cute and I loved seeing how creative people are!

This one was my fave.




Charlie carved pumpkins for the first time this year! He absolutely HATED gutting the pumpkin, but loved drawing a face and carving (with the help of Dad). He thought they looked pretty cool on our porch. I love his little crooked faced jack-o-lantern sooooo much!











Trick or treating at Landon's work was also so cute. I can't even HANDLE how cute Charlie was dressed up as Woody. I seriously could just DIE. Anyway, there was one area of the office that was decorated like Pac Man and Charlie was so excited and said, "It's Wreck it Ralph!" because that's how he knows what Pac Man is :) He was so sweet saying "trick or treat" and choosing his candy. We tried to teach him to choose the orange candy (Reese's of course!)










Charlie has really loved helping me bake cookies lately, so of course we made our fair share of pumpkin cookies over the month!




Charlie had a BLAST at Cornbelly's with Jen and Lydia. I hadn't been before (well not since it's gotten so big!) and I was actually really surprised by how much there was to do! It was really, really cool. We stayed for 3 hours and if it wasn't for Charlie's nap time could have stayed for another 3!












We went "trick or treating" (it was soooo lame by the way, only like 2 places to get candy?? wth.) with Charlie's best friend Finn! Aren't they so cute?!


My brother Tim hosted a movie/pizza night with all the cousins. We had to leave early because someone (not going to mention any names...) kept hitting/kicking his cousins.... We were going through a rough stage for a minute there haha. This was the only picture I got that night. Woops!


Landon and I continued our tradition of going to a haunted house. This year we went to Castle of Chaos. The sets aren't as good as some of the other ones we've been too, but the actors were actually really great! There was also a part where there was this thick fog and you couldn't see the ground... so when someone popped out of that it scared Landon pretty good :)


And then Halloween was of course the best. Charlie absolutely LOVED trick or treating. He wanted to ring the doorbell, which meant lifting him up every time (he's heavy man!) and then it was hit or miss on if he'd actually say trick or treat. He also walked in to a few of the houses and started making himself at home. He is so funny! Of course we came home and ate waaaay too much candy that night. It was just the best day ever! I love my family so much!














October is seriously my favorite month EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...