Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Transatlantic Cruise Part 2.

Okay I lied in my last post. Not on purpose. But we only had 8 days and 9 nights at sea, not 10. Sorry 'bout that. 

Anyway, 8 days at sea. Kind of a crazy feeling. There's only so much you can do on a boat you know? The weather was mostly cold/rainy/windy so that limited our options even more.

Most days are a blur to me and I couldn't tell you what we did (probably because we slept the day away) So I definitely can't give you a run down of every day because I honestly don't even remember. Instead I'll write about how we kept ourselves entertained during the day and then another post about how we kept ourselves entertained in the evenings. That way it's somewhat organized :)

We'll start with how we spent our evenings on the boat.

We ate at the main dining room every night and LOVED our servers. They were the sweetest and went out of their way to take care of us. We always really enjoy talking with our servers and getting to know them. These two were the best we've ever had.

Seri and Junior.
 One of the nights was Jason's birthday! Suzette distracted Jason while I sneakily told Seri, and Seri sneakily gathered a group of servers to sing to him. It was so cute :)



If they didn't like the dessert options on the menu, Suzette and Landon ordered chocolate ice cream with all the fixings. They crack me up! :)


A few of the nights we had some shows to go to after dinner, and that was fun. It's nice to have something to look forward to! The way it worked on the boat is that you had to get reservations to see the shows because there are so many dang people! They repeated the shows so there was always at least 4 options for every show. That meant that a lot of the nights, there was no show to see because you saw it the day before. Kind of lame. It also was a pain in the bum to wait in line for an hour to make reservations. Have I mentioned that there were WAY too many people on the boat? Anyway... we did manage to see a few shows :)

Our first show was a comedy magician. It takes a lot for me to laugh out loud, and I was totally laughing out loud. He was just so funny. He would do magic tricks, but horribly, on purpose. It was great.

Our favorite show was called "Frozen in Time" and it was an ice skating show! Yep, a cruise ship with an ice skating rink. We were in awe the whole time. From the costumes, to the jumps, tricks, and dancing, to the music... it was just all around a very entertaining show!

Image via.
Then there was a diving show called "Oasis of Dreams" at the Aqua Theatre, another really neat feature of the boat. It's an outdoor stadium at the very back of the boat with a deep pool, stage, diving platforms, and fountains. I thought the show was going to be cooler than it was. I mean, it was awesome to see people diving from the high platforms, but there was also a lot of interpretative dancing going on and I just kept thinking... stop with the weird dancing and start DIVING!

The fountains were cute :)

Image via.
On our second to last night we saw the musical Cats. I've seen a lot of musicals in my life and would say that I love musical theatre. Definitely. But I hate Cats. I'm sorry Cats fans, but it's pretty much the only musical I've seen that I don't like. We thought we were going to see Hairspray, but our cruise was the lucky group that got to see Cats for the first time. Oasis of the Seas switched the plays just in time for us... yay... ;)


Remember the mob at Southampton? Well, they're baaaaaaack (name that movie)! I wish I would've gotten a picture of the crazies.

Basically two lines formed to get into the theatre. The main line, which stretched almost the length of the dang cruise ship (c'mon people it's just Cats!!) and then a second line that formed off to the side by the elevators. We didn't really know what was going on, and found ourselves in the second line. It's not like it was labeled or organized. There were just WAY too many people on the cruise ship! Anyway, some people from the main line came over to our second line and started SCREAMING at us. "You LINE CUTTERS! Do you know how long we've been waiting in line and you are trying to cut in FRONT OF US! You CHEATERS!" One crazy lady was literally yelling at this little old lady who wasn't even saying anything back to her. The poor lady just stood there innocently and took it. Then the crazies found the workers at the front and demanded that the workers hold off the "FILTHY, NO-GOOD, DIRTY, ROTTEN, LINE CUTTERS" (okay I made that part up, but you get the gist) and let the main line through before letting through the second line. Holy moly! You should've seen the reaction from the second line people. They were just as crazy and began yelling at the workers telling them that they had been waiting just as long. It was just absolute MADNESS. I've never seen so many crazies in my life. Those poor workers tried to calm everyone down the best they could assuring that we would all get in. Mob mentality is SCARY. I thought I was going to see a fight. You know the kind where everyone just starts punching everyone and no one really knows what's going on. I think a better word for that is a brawl. I thought I was about to witness a brawl!

Anyway, the cast really did a good job with the play. The singing and dancing and costumes were great. It was cool to see such a big production at sea, it's just too bad the play itself is awful ;) I forgot to mention that Landon didn't come with us and that Jason only made it to intermission. Haha! Landon isn't a fan of musicals, but he would've gone if it was Wicked, Les Mis, Phantom.... Definitely not Cats though :)

The nights that we didn't have a show, we spent our time either playing ping pong, playing basketball, relaxing in the hot tub, or playing mini golf. We played a lot of ping pong during those 8 days at sea!

Okay, this was taken during the day... but we did play ping pong at night too :)

One of the many hot tubs. A lot of them were open 24 hours which was awesome. 
Other than Disney, I would say Royal Carribean did have the best entertainment. I wish there would've been a show option for us every night and I wish they would've had a different musical. But overall, we were very entertained during the evenings on Oasis of the Seas (I think it should be renamed Crazies of the Seas...)

Stay tuned to hear about how we passed the time during the day... we did more than just nap! :)

P.S. Here's a few pictures of our towel animals. Because I'm not sure which post they belong in and they're too cute not to share!



I LOVE sting rays! I used to beg my parents for a pet sting ray.
How cute is that bat?! Made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...