Friday, February 7, 2014

Snow Day!

In Utah, there are no such things as "snow days." I went to school there from Kindergarten through my senior year of college and school was never cancelled for snow. Not once. I never understood why people in other parts of the country got snow days for half an inch. 

this was at the start of the storm yesterday morning. Schools would've closed even if this was all we got :)
Well now I live in Oregon and I understand why everything shuts down when there's snow...They don't really plow or salt the roads (they "sand" them). It is CRAZY! Yesterday they had to close an 8 mile stretch of I-5 for hours because there was a 20 car pile up. I can't imagine something like that happening in Utah!

image via
We have lived here for almost three years now and this is the first time it has snowed like this. We have over six inches at our house and it just keeps coming down. We LOVE it!!! 

Did you see Henry face plant? Haha! Hard to see the curb in the snow :)

I used to hate snow because it snowed SO much in Utah. It was annoying. But since it never snows like this here, it is magical when it does! Landon and I have just been able to stay home together (no work...wohoo!) and watch movies and cuddle and play in the snow. We even put on all our snowboard gear and went for a walk. My goal for tonight is to find a hill to go sledding. It has been so much fun :)


Oliver HATES the snow :(

Landon drew this for me on our shed :)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, this is so cute; well, the puppies are. I would love to have seen more of you and Landon in the video :) Didn't see Henry's face plant; probably too fast, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This winter has been crazy. I've lost count of the number of snow days we've had in our board (district). The next one over had their tenth today. The snow banks are getting higher and higher and higher! I want this winter to end!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...