Landon picked her up this weekend and she looks a lot bigger on our driveway than she did in the previous owners' backyard. We don't quite know where we are going to keep it yet, but temporarily it is taking up our entire front yard. Woops!
On Sunday we attempted to step the mast (put it up). Oh.my.goodness. It was HARD! My back is still sore. And we weren't even able to get it up. Lame.
So Landon, being Landon, designed a system to get the mast up that wouldn't require any man power. He cut a PVC pipe to the right length, cut out a little divot so it would attach to the mast, attached a winch to the trailer, and then tied it down with ropes. I really don't understand how he designs this in his head, let alone actually build it and make it work. He's crazy. I seriously don't know anyone like him.
I recorded the first stepping and was taking pictures at the same time... But I didn't realize it would freeze my video so that's what's going on when you watch it. Silly me!
The mast is 28 feet tall and it was SO easy getting it up with the system Landon designed. At the top of the mast are metal wires hanging down that you use to trapeze off the side of the boat. Oh my gosh, it was so terrifying. You're just praying the mast will support your weight and that the little hook doesn't fall off (you're not clipped in, just hooked... So if you don't have the right angle the hook just comes right off!!) I may have screamed a bit... I guess I'm going to need to get a bit more comfortable before taking her out on the water! Landon was of course a natural. What's new?
| do you see why I was terrified? The harness can just slip right off the hook if you don't have the right angle. Yikes! |
We practiced trapezing off the mast again so I can get more comfortable and I'm definitely getting the hang of it (bahaha get it?!)
I get so excited thinking about all the adventures and memories we are going to have together as a family. How lucky are our future kids? Flying, sailing, traveling... We definitely don't have a normal life and I love it.




yea dont blame you for being scared! lol look at you! miss sailor! wow you guys! HAVE FUN!
ReplyDelete