Life is hard you guys. Like really hard sometimes. I find myself going through these lulls where I let myself become angry, worried, lazy, ungrateful... You name it. Sometimes I just find myself feeling "blah."
But if you ask me, the best things in life are the little moments that make you forget that life is hard. Little moments that make you laugh until you cry and your stomach hurts. Little moments that make you stop and realize how incredibly blessed you are. Little moments that make you appreciate the beauty of every day.
Most days are a lot of the same. Sleep, work, dinner, relax, sleep... It's easy to become jaded, ungrateful, and unhappy if we don't take a second to see the beauty in each day. Even on our absolute worst days, we can find it. We can find those little moments that make life happy.
Some of my favorite little moments from this week:
Having Landon call me on my way home from work to ask me on a date. Are you kidding me? I can't even handle how sweet that boy is.
Going sailing at night and being the only ones on the river. Just chatting, looking at the stars and the water. This world is so beautiful.
Having a job where I get to spend my days outside enjoying the warm, spring weather. And not to mention the cute kids who make me laugh every day.
Talking to my mom or sister or friend and feeling like Utah isn't so far away.
Lazy, cuddly Saturday mornings. My absolute favorite.
Finally getting back into running. I forgot how good it feels to run.
Hearing some REALLY good news about something I've been worrying about for months.
Seeing blossoms on the trees. I seriously was jumping and screaming. I love this time of year!
Life is whatever we make it. We can choose to focus on the things that make our life hard or we can find joy in the simple, little moments that make life beautiful. What are some of your little moments this week? I'd LOVE to hear 'em :)

One of my favorite little moments this week was when one of my 1st graders wrote me a note that said, "I love that you aren't mean to anybody. And you have a beautiful smile every day." Totally made my day!
ReplyDelete