Jen and I met at BYU and were paired together for student teaching. I could not have made it through my senior year without her and our little chats carpooling every day. I just love her! Landon and I went on a double date with Jen and Dave right before we moved to Oregon and I was so happy to see how much Landon and Dave got along too! I just wish we would have had more double dates before moving... But now it just means they have to come visit us more often :)
Their first trip here was definitely a success. They got to our house on Friday afternoon and left Sunday morning, so it was a whirlwind of a weekend and we tried to live up every moment together! What great friends to drive 12 hours to be with us for less than TWO days! :)
First we gave them a tour of our house and just spent an hour catching up. We went to dinner at Black Bear Diner, which is one of our favorite places to go out. It's just SO cute and reasonably priced. And for all of my Utah friends... they have on in Sandy! Seriously, how did I not know about this place sooner?

After dinner we played some games and introduced them to Killer Bunnies. Oh my, that game is out of CONTROL but it's just so funny and we love it. I was glad Jen and Dave didn't think we were crazy after playing!!
The next day it was gorgeous weather so we got to take them flying! It was so fun seeing how excited they were--especially Dave who took over the controls for a bit and got to be co-pilot in the front seat!
Of course we flew to Newport, hopped in our free car, and explored at the beach.
We had such a blast spending time with Jen and Dave and were SO happy they came to visit! Come back again SOON!



Dave is going to be so happy to see that his "lean" picture on the airplane made it into the post. :) We seriously can't wait to come back and see you guys!
ReplyDelete