Saturday, December 11, 2010

Just a Little Peek Please?

One of the most exciting things about life is not knowing what your future holds. One of the most frustrating things about life is not knowing what your future holds.

I remember before I was married, I just wanted a little peek into my future just to know who I was going to marry or if I was even going to get married.

Now that I am married, I just want a little peek into my future to know how many kids we will have, what our kids will be like, where Landon will work, and where we will settle down and raise our family.

It's funny, but I have a feeling that even when "the future" comes and I am settled down with Landon's career, kids, and a place to call home, I will still want a peek into the future... but I'm sure it will be about different things.

I heard a quote once that said if you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are content you are living in the present. Okay so anyone who knows me knows that I'm a little anxious. But don't get my wrong, I am LOVING the stage Landon and I are currently in. It's so much fun just having time with my hubby, but I need to stop worrying about what our future will bring us and live in the NOW. It really doesn't matter where we live. It will be home because we are with each other. It really doesn't matter where Landon ends up getting a job... well as long as he gets one :) I just need to stop freaking out about the future and being content with the present. Because the present totally ROCKS and I know I will miss it.

...But it is kind of fun to dream about the future... Like lately, I keep thinking how much I would love to live in England! (And it actually is a possibility because London has a huge airport=lots of PILOTS.) Here's why I'm dreaming of England
  • Both of my parents are from England, so I really am a citizen of England. It's my BLOOD!
  • All of my extended family lives there and I'd love to actually get to know them and see them!
  • My kids would have cute little British accents!! And they would call me "mum" so freaking cute
  • I think it would be an adventure :)

Anyway, I'm really really excited to see where life takes us and I know that whatever it is, we will be happy and life will be good! :)

1 comment:

  1. Not ALL of your extended family lives in England... there are a few Canadians don't forget! Toronto has a big airport...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...