Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blessed.

I just need to write about how blessed and thankful I am to a wonderful Heavenly Father who is always looking out for Landon and me. I know we are constantly being watched over and blessed in more ways than I probably even recognize.

Well a few posts back you can read about my new car, Turtle. Turtle's tires were definitely not good when we bought the car, but somehow we passed the safety test. We knew we would have the replace the tires eventually, but we weren't too worried about doing it anytime soon.

Yesterday we were driving to go grocery shopping (on the freeway) when all of the sudden we hear a VERY loud sound coming from my side of the car. I was panicking and scared to death, but Landon handled the situation VERY well (I'm SO glad he was driving). Anyway, we pulled over to the side of the freeway and saw that the tread had come COMPLETELY off the tire (yet somehow it didn't blow??? like I said, we are being looked out for!) The rim wasn't damaged at all and we were able to drive on the shoulder going REALLY slowly until the next exit.

It was too late last night to get new tires so we woke up at 7:30 and headed over to Discount Tire. Well guess what? They have a sale (only ONCE A YEAR!) where you get a 100 dollar mail-in rebate with any set of 4 tires! Landon and I just couldn't believe it! Out of all the weekends for our tire to break! We know that Heavenly Father was looking out for us because we definitely couldn't have afforded the tires without that rebate, so we're just SO blessed that our tire broke when it did!

Its just little things like this that help me remember that the Lord's hand is always guiding my life and I know that he is CONSTANTLY pouring blessings on His children every day. We just need to stop and take a second to recognize those blessings--our families, our friends, our health, our happiness, THIS GOSPEL, ETC! ETC! ETC! I know I don't have much when it comes to material things, but I am SO blessed for the things that really count. I am sealed FOREVER to my best friend and I thank Heavenly Father for that blessing EVERY day. It just doesn't get any better than that. I am also SO lucky to be a member of His church and to have a living prophet, scriptures, covenants, the temple, and the blessing of being with those I love forever.

Isn't life great? This truly is a plan of HAPPINESS :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! I saw on FB that you had a blog and it is darling! Great post...and a very good reminder to me right now, so thanks :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my flat tire in January - the circumstances were such a blessing for me too!! YAY! So what happened to the egg? When do we get an update?

    ReplyDelete
  3. President Eyring gave a talk in the Oct. 2007 Conference titled, "O Remember, Remember." Taking time to acknowledge and remember the Lord's Hand in our life brings a new focus and allows us to face trials and bear testimony.

    I really enjoy reading your blog and being connected from so far away. I am definitely proud of my little sister. Keep it up! Keep enjoying life and keep the Savior as your foundation. Love you tons!

    P.S. What ever happened with Spotty?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...