
I am so proud of my Landon! He is basically a stud. So here's the story. Well my car Turtle didn't pass safety or emissions. YIKES! It was going to cost us about $800 big ones to fix it up and we were STRESSING. So Landon decided he was going to fix it himself. We were a little worried, considering he has ZERO training in fixing cars, but we figured it was worth a try. So he went to Autozone and got the tool:

and the part:

The biggest problem was that the inner tie rod was broken (whatever that means!)

He worked on it all day Saturday and I was looking out the window every five seconds because I was so paranoid the jacks wouldn't hold the car up or something (I've heard horror stories, plus I'm just a paranoid person anyways).
Luckily, he did not get smashed :) Anyway, so he fixed the tie rod thingy, replaced a few bulbs, and then had the brilliant idea to replace the spark plugs (whatever they are!) and fill the car up with the nicer, more expensive gas so it would hopefully pass emissions too!
AND IT PASSED! I'm so proud of Landon! He worked so hard and figured it out ALL BY HIMSELF! He's my hero.
No comments:
Post a Comment