Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Landon (well birth-week actually!)

Landon turned 22 on the 23rd (oh my heck! I just realized his golden birthday is next year! eeek! I gotta start planning!) Anyway, he told me he didn't want any money spent on him so I had to get a little creative. His favorite blanket at home is a Denim Quilt (made from jeans, of course!) So I have always wanted him to have one of his own. So, with the help of his amazing cousin Melyssa and some donations of money from Suzette and jeans from Ang, I did it! It was definitely time consuming and I did end up spending a little money, but it was worth it! The blanket turned out AWESOME! And most importantly, Landon LOVES it! Here are a few pictures of Melyssa and I crafting away!







So last Saturday we went to Tucanos for Melyssa and Landon's birthday. I am a big believer in BIRTH-WEEKS. Not just Birth-days...but a week long celebration! So we started his Birth-week off at Tucanos. Landon probably ate an entire cow :)




So on his actual day of birth, he went to class in the morning and I hurried and decorated the house and had the jean quilt laying out on the couch for when he got home. He was so excited about the blanket! It was pretty cute.






Landon then went snowboarding with his good friend. Apparently there was a lot of powder on the mountain, so I was really happy that he had a good time! It hasn't snowed much this season, but he deserved some powder for his birthday!! That night we had good ole Little Caesar's pizza and costco cake! mmmm! Landon's mom gave Landon our new favorite game (Killer Bunnies) and I got him one of the extra expansion packs for the game! He was SO stoked! So we finished the night off with some bunny killing! (If you haven't heard of this game, it's basically the most pointless game EVER but also SO much fun!) It was a very good day, and I'm happiest when Landon is happy!







I definitely made a good choice by marrying Landon. I feel so blessed and it just keeps getting better every day! He is the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. He is my best friend. He loves me. He supports me. He comforts me. He makes me laugh more than any other person. I'm so grateful for him and so happy to have a whole week dedicated to my love! I wish it was his birthday every day! :) The birth-week celebration continues this Saturday at the Clarke Planetarium. We're going to see an IMAX about space or something... :) HAPPY BIRTH-WEEK LANDON! I love you SO much!

3 comments:

  1. you two are so cute! You are so lovey dovey Newlyweds it makes me want to go be that way with my hubbs! hehe got to keep the romance going right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday week Landon! How fun it all looked. You've got the best wife ever. Hannah, your sewing project reminded me of our own little "project" last year-Ahh the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt! Well done Hannah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...