I do not consider myself a very crafty person, however, it has been very rainy in Virginia and Autumn and I were feeling crafty. We decided it would be cute to make our moms something for mother's day and Autumn suggested that we sew them a tote bag. She desribed it as very simple--you just cut out rectanges and sew them together. Being an inexperienced sewer, it sounded easy enough to me. We'd be done in one day and mail them off in the morning--oh what foolish thinking! This "craft" ended up being a project. A work-until-two-in-the-morning PROJECT. Don't get me wrong though, it was a bonding experience for Autumn and I and we really did have fun doing it--but I will NEVER sew again :)
Anyway, it was fun to actually make my mom something for mother's day. I don't think I've done that since 2nd grade. Really, moms deserve much more than a simple card and homemade gift. Every mom deserves a gold medal! And not just a figurative one. I mean the legit gold medals, like from the Olympics ya know? After spending the past week and a bit with Autumn and her three kids I've realized how crazy life is for a mom--constantly on the go and constantly fulfilling the needs of your children and never your own! Moms are the most selfless, giving, and loving people! My mom is a saint. I honestly don't know how she had nine children, plus foster children, plus daycare kids! Her life has ALWAYS been dedicated to helping other people and she never does anything for herself. I don't know how she did it, but I know it takes a very special person to do what she did! Like I said, she's a saint! So, Happy Mother's Day Mama and to every mom!
I want one of those totes! Can't you just whip one out for me too? :) They are totally cute!
ReplyDeleteThey turned out great, I am sure the "Moms" will appreciate the hard work and late hours!
ReplyDelete