Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Theodore Jack: Two Months Old.

Mr. Teddy is TWO months old. How!?!?! I'm seriously in denial at how fast time is flying by. Is it possible that it goes even faster with your second baby?! I really am trying to soak up all these newborn snuggles and coos and everything about him because he is seriously changing and growing every single day.



We are just completely obsessed with this sweet, smiley little love bug!







Anyway, here's the update. :)

-Teddy is cooing and smiling SOOO much lately and it is the absolute best. Of course he smiles the most for Dada--they're buds.









-The biggest news of this month was Teddy receiving his official craniosynostosis diagnosis. We were 99% sure he had it before our visit with the neurosurgeon, but it was still emotional and hard to hear it officially. As I mentioned in my last blog post, craniosynostosis is when the skull plates fuse prematurely when I was pregnant with him. With fused plates, his brain doesn't have room to grow so the skull ends up growing elongated instead of round and this can eventually lead to brain damage and/or inter-cranial pressure, in addition to a funky looking head shape. It's just really hard to cope with your precious, tiny baby not being perfectly healthy and I honestly haven't been doing super great. I cry a lot and have been very anxious...




Anyway, we went to Primary Children's on New Year's Eve and just walking into the hospital I had tears in my eyes. We met with Dr. Kestle who walked in and basically said, "yep, he has it" just by looking at Teddy's head and not even feeling the bumpy ridge on his skull. He took some measurements of his head and then sat with us for awhile to answer our long list of questions. He is scheduled to have a CT scan this Friday and then surgery next Thursday. We also meet with the plastic surgeon (Dr. Siddiqi) on Tuesday. We are just sooooo ready for the surgery to be over with because this waiting beforehand has been so hard. For the surgery they will remove a two inch strip of skull along the top of his head and he will just have two small incisions at the front and back of his head. With the skull removed, there will be room for his brain to grow the correct way and for his head to be a more round shape. In order to get the correct shape, Teddy will need to wear a helmet for 6 months. There is a more invasive surgery that has a scar from ear to ear and they basically reconstruct the skull so it is the correct shape immediately after surgery (as opposed to needing to shape it with the helmet). So even though we are almost through the hurdle of the surgery, we will still be anxious to see if the helmet does its job and that the skull doesn't re-fuse. We are just hoping for the best and so proud of our sweet baby who has to do a major surgery at such a young age. We are also extremely grateful for good doctors!




Here's a video I found that briefly explains both of the surgeries.


-On New Year's Eve after the appointment, we had a little party with Suzette and Jason. Teddy stayed up partying until midnight. :) It was kind of sad to say goodbye to 2019 because it was the year of our sweet Teddy!






-Teddy went to the dinosaur museum for the first time, but of course slept through all of it. We are still so paranoid about germs but I forgot the stroller so I had to hold Teddy in my arms and then wore my nursing cover. We also told Charlie he wasn't allowed to touch anything so the poor kid didn't get to do the fossil dig or play with the dinosaurs in the water. But he was soooo excited to get out of the house because we've been so cooped up!



-On January 2nd, Teddy smiled at me for the first time and oh man did he just melt me into a puddle! It was Landon's first day back at work after 2 weeks off for Christmas so that little smile was just what I needed! I haven't been able to catch his smile on video yet, which is driving me crazy because it's like he knows when I'm trying to record it and refuses to smile haha. He has also been cooing soooo much which is literally the cutest thing in the WORLD and luckily I've been able to catch that on video. :)








-Teddy LOVES to be in the baby wrap. He doesn't nap super well during the day, unless he's being held or worn. I try to put him in the bassinet for "practice" naps but he usually doesn't sleep for longer than 30 minutes during the day in it. He did have one nap there for over an hour! But mostly, I just snuggle him in the wrap or take a nap with him laying on my chest (the absolute BEST!!!) I am in love with my little snuggle bug!!!












-We went to the aquarium for the first time with Mary, Johnny, and Kit Kat. Of course Teddy slept the whole time. :)



-On January 10 (at 6 weeks old) Teddy slept through the night for the first time from midnight until 8 am. Since then he has pretty much slept through the night every night! Sometimes it is only from midnight until 6 but lately I've been able to skip the 6 am feeding and just stick the binky in his mouth if he wakes up.


-Teddy pretty much hates his mamaroo and bouncer, but we got the play mat out and he has loved it! It's been really nice to see him awake and not crying when I can't hold him. It's so cute watching him hit his toys (even if it's not on purpose yet) and he can play there for about 30 minutes without crying.  Yay!






How he feels about the mama roo.... 
A rare, content moment in his bouncer :)




-Teddy had his first play date with his friend Harrison (my friend Toni's little boy who was born the day after him!) It was so cute to see them together and to see how tiny Teddy is next to big-boy Harrison. :)




-Teddy had his first visit to the farm, and you guessed it... he slept through the whole thing. :)





-Charlie is the SWEETEST big brother to Teddy and is just obsessed with him. The transition has been so smooth for him which I'm so grateful for. He has no resentment towards Teddy when I tell him I can't play because I'm feeding him or if I ask him to be quiet when Teddy is sleeping. He's just so sweet and loving to Teddy. It's so cute too because if he has to sneeze or cough, he will run to the other side of the room so he doesn't get Teddy sick. He loves to tuck Teddy in and give him his binky. When I told Charlie about Teddy's surgery he had a really concerned and sad look on his face and I just told him that Teddy was going to be okay and he said, "Teddy is going to be so brave." My heart just broke. He is such a sweet, loving boy and I can't handle how much they already love each other.










-I ventured out with both kids to Harmons last week for the first time and felt so brave haha. I knew the carseat would take up a lot of room, but I didn't realize it literally takes up the whole cart. I just had to stack the groceries around him. :)


-We've had a few "mild" January days which is so nice because then we can get out and go to a park. On Saturday we tried out a new donut place called Duck Donuts and brought them to the Jordan River trail park and went for a walk and played. It was such a fun day!





-We go for a walk every night but Teddy doesn't love his carseat so some of our walks haven't been the most fun... So I've worn him for a few of our walks too and he absolutely loves that! We also never bought a double stroller so Charlie just rides underneath Teddy and can't see anything. It's pretty funny :)



The Double Decker :) 


-Teddy is still obsessed with the ceiling fan. Landon calls it his girlfriend which is pretty funny. :)


-Teddy has met a lot of our friends this past month but I didn't take pictures with Krysten and Austin and then Zach and Aleena. Boo! Jen, Dave, and Lydia came down from South Weber to meet Teddy and I'm so excited because Jen's little boy is going to be born any day and they are going to be buddies!




-Teddy has the funniest little whiny cry that is just so sad and so cute!! He'll start with this little sniffle/breathing heavy out of his nose as like his warning that he's about to start screaming.. which is my least favorite sound to hear in the middle of the night ha! It's also pretty funny because the minute he wakes up from sleeping he starts screaming INSTANTLY like, "feed me now woman!" It's pretty funny.


-He is still the cuddliest little cuddle bug and we love to snuggle him!!!













And here are some more random pictures and videos of our little cutie pie.



Baby stretches are the cutest!







not the most flattering picture but Landon took this of us sleeping :) 







We went over to Tim and Ang's for a movie night and Teddy just LOVED cuddling Uncle Tim :)



Teddy Jack, we love you soooooo much! You are such a little love bug and we can't get enough of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...