Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Becoming Mom.

One year ago tomorrow, I became a mom. What a life-changing, miraculous, beautiful day it was.


This is what I was born to be. Charlie's Mom.


Holding Charlie for the first time felt like heaven. I've never felt such an instant, overwhelming, pure love. Suddenly, my heart no longer belonged to me. It was the most surreal feeling to finally meet my son, someone who I've longed to meet for as long as I can remember. He was so perfect, so soft, and I could (and do) just stare at him all day.


I have loved Charlie before he existed, before I was even married. I have been writing my future kids letters since I was a kid... But once I became pregnant, that love became something tangible. Every time I felt a kick or heard his heartbeat or saw his cute profile, it was like my heart could explode from the love and happiness I felt. But that was nothing compared to the love I felt when I finally met him and held him. There really is no other love like the love a parent has for their child. It changes you! I am now a big old cry baby. My heart is basically mush!


There isn't anything I wouldn't do for this sweet boy. My motivation for everything is based on Charlie. These blog posts, taking a million pictures, documenting every single day for the past year in his calendar, keeping my house clean, quitting my job and going down to one income so I could have more time to play and spend time with Charlie... it's not even something I consider a "sacrifice" because I LOVE to do it for him.


The transition to motherhood was so natural for me. It just felt so right to be loving and taking care of my perfect, tiny baby. The sleepless nights, being covered in baby puke, reading books, playing peek-a-boo, changing poopy diapers, constant laundry.... the good and the "bad" have all been a dream come true to me. I kind of joke that the hardest part of motherhood for me is clipping baby fingernails, and it's still my least favorite part (ha!) But really, I love everything that comes with being a mom. Every single day I have moments where my heart could literally explode and my eyes well up in tears. How did I get so lucky to be Charlie's mom? To love him and to watch him learn and grow? I never take a single moment for granted.




There is nothing better than being Charlie's mom and this truly has been the best year of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...