We left Saturday after lunch and decided to take the scenic route to the beach. It was BEAUTIFUL and I always love being trapped in a car with Landon :)
We got to the resort and explored for a bit. Neither of us had ever been to a "resort" before so it was really exciting to see all the shops and restaurants and fun things to do.
| between all the buildings there were covered walkways--I'm guessing because most days it is raining :) |
| HUGE indoor tennis place. Too bad neither of has any idea how to play :) |
Our room was really nice and had a sweet view.
One of our favorite parts about the resort was the miniature golf course that was free. It felt like real golfing, because the only mini-golf I've ever done is on cheesy fake grass with clowns and windmills. This was the real deal.
| our balls were perfectly lined up after our first hit. Landon said, "Awww! They're married!" :) |
We decided that we would make a really good team--if Landon could do the first shot and then I could putt it in. I am SO good at putting it's not even funny! But getting it close enough to the hole was another story. We played every hole as par-4 and my score was +23 and Landon's was +3! Of course he won :)
| my ball liked to hang out in the bushes. A lot. |
Next up, we checked out the beautiful beach. I am in love with the ocean and it's so nice to live somewhere where it's only an hour away. It is just so gorgeous and I could sit there and watch the waves all day.
| Landon thought it was funny to stomp all over my cute Landon + Hannah... stinker face ;) |
| love the Oregon coast. |
After the beach we went to dinner at a cute little fish'n'chips place called Dory Cove. I love small towns and little gems like this place. The food was SO good!
Then we went swimming! Landon is an incredible swimmer and has coached for YEARS so I had him give me a few lessons. I really hate getting my face in the water because I can't stand getting water up my nose, but Landon taught me a few tricks and I got a little better. I used a kick-board so I could mainly focus on my breathing technique by turning my head to the side. If I ever came up to the center or had my head out for too long, coach Landon was right there telling me to get my face back in the water. It was so funny. He really is a good coach :)
After swimming, we went back to our room and sat on the balcony star gazing for a bit. We saw the biggest shooting star either of us had ever seen. It was soooo cool. I made a wish, but of course I can't say what it was or it won't come true :)
We slept in really late and woke up to the beach all fogged in--I love Oregon! We had a lazy morning and then were on our way back home.
It was the most perfect weekend with my love.
You two are so cute :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute. I love Oregon! I want to get back up to that part of the country again soon.
ReplyDeleteYour hair is sooo long and pretty! I love it!
That sounds like the perfect getaway! Those pictures of the ocean are beautiful. I'm so glad you had a fun time with each other, and good for you for trying to swim!!
ReplyDelete