Friday, April 21, 2017

Charlie's First Birthday Celebration!

Turning one is a pretty big deal, and we had the best day celebrating our little love. Birthdays are the BEST! I know he won't remember any of it, but I hope one day he'll look back on these videos and pictures and know how loved he is.



We started the day out with 20 balloons in his crib. He LOVED it!





The rest of the day was pretty normal, but we did take him to the park in his wagon to ride down the slide. Then he napped while I decorated and got ready for the party.






We had my parents and Landon's mom and Jason over for dinner (homemade chicken taquitos with rice and beans). After dinner, we let Charlie have his birthday cake. I have been looking forward to this moment FOR MONTHS. He is such a huge fan of food, so I knew he would love it and I couldn't wait to see his reaction. It was seriously the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. He was pretty timid with it at first and then he demolished it. We were all laughing so hard! Watching him eat his birthday cake was probably one of my top-five favorite moments of my life!


















Charlie didn't take a very long afternoon nap, so he was pretty exhausted by the time it was time for presents. He really didn't care about them at all ha! But, we really are SO grateful for everyone who spoiled him rotten! (And for the record, he LOVES his new toys and that's all he's been playing with these past few days!!


Nana and Pops got Charlie the cutest summer outfit, a wooden puzzle, and a book (his favorite!).


Nini and Papa got him a ride-on airplane toy (so awesome!), a ton of Disney jammies, a stuffed orca, a cute puzzle, and a Little People animal train.



Grandpa and Grandma sent him a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe. I am SO excited to take him on rides in it this summer! (P.S. I assembled that bad boy!)



We got him a little toy racecar, a train with pop-up animals, and a ride-on puppy.


After Charlie went to bed, Landon said to me, "we are really going to miss today one day..." and it is so true. It was a magical day celebrating our favorite little boy and I'll never forget it! 


Charlie, you are SO loved! Happy First Birthday sweet boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...