Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Charlie Dean is ONE!

I don't know how my baby is one! It feels like he's always been in our family, but at the same time it feels like it's only been 2 seconds since he was born. Can someone please explain how that works?! ONE. I just can't even believe it.





On April 18th at 8pm my water broke and it was the most surreal feeling knowing that our baby was coming NOW. We would be leaving our house as husband and wife and coming back as Mom and Dad. We knew our lives were about to change forever and I couldn't stop saying "oh my gosh! oh my gosh! oh my gosh!" as I grabbed a few last minute things and then left the house.


I ended up dilating all the way to an 8 and then finding out that due to my infection and Charlie being distressed, I couldn't push. Having an emergency c-section definitely wasn't ideal, but the worst part about it was hearing my baby cry, seeing him for a split second, and then not being able to see him or hold him for what seemed like forever. He had dark, curly (turns out it wasn't really curly) hair and the chubbiest, most perfect face. It was instant love. Landon was so sweet and would take pictures and then bring the camera back to me so I could see my baby. He was absolutely perfect.





When I finally got to hold him in the recovery room, it was pure heaven. I wish I could go back and relive that moment over and over and over. He was so alert and started sucking his thumb. The nurse told me I could breastfeed him (even though the other nurses told me to wait due to the nature of the c-section and my infection) and I was just in complete awe that he knew exactly what to do. I also remember thinking that he was SO soft and asking people if all babies are that soft (haha!) It was pure heaven, finally meeting my baby. My miracle.






Since that day, both Landon and I have changed so much. Becoming a parent completely changes your heart. I feel like I've changed and grown just as much as Charlie has this past year (and that's a lot!) I have a lot of love in my life, but the love I have for my Charlie is just something that is so indescribable. He can do no wrong. I would do ANYTHING for him. I remember saying that Charlie is the only person who can keep me awake all night without any complaint from me. I did it happily! Charlie has taught me selfless, pure, unconditional love. And by loving Charlie this way, I've seen areas where I haven't always shown this kind of love to other people in my life (like my Landon or my parents, etc.) My heart has basically turned into a big ball of mush. I cry all the time. I constantly feel like I could burst. There's just so much LOVE in my heart, and it's all because of Charlie Dean.


On top of changing my heart, Charlie has brought so much happiness and joy and laughter. His personality is really too much for me to handle. He makes us laugh every day with his silliness and noises and facial expressions. He is curious, busy, smart, and has SO many feelings. He loves to read books, snuggle with Mom, and play rough with Dad. He has the BEST eyes and cutest, biggest smile that just melts me. We are so in love with him and I really don't know how we ever survived without him. Hasn't he always been with us?!


Charlie Dean, you are the absolute best thing that has ever happened to us. You are so sweet, so smart, and seriously the cutest baby on the planet. I don't know how we got so lucky to have YOU in our family. Happy Birthday, sweet boy!





Anyway, here's a brief (haha!) update on Charlie's 11th month and stay tuned for another post about his birthday...

-Charlie was pretty sick and had a fever of 102, a bad cough, and runny nose. It was so sad! Luckily it didn't last long. He was extra cuddly, sweet boy!



-I know he's too young to really be "meaning" words yet, but I SWEAR the other day he was totally saying "da da da" when Landon picked him up. And I have a video to prove it! :)


-Now that the weather is (kind of) warming up, we went on a walk to the park and watched Landon fly his big kite that he'll use for kiteboarding this summer. Charlie loved it, of course. :)








-When Charlie was like a month old, he was cuddling with Landon and started sucking on his nose (thinking it was something else... ha!) Anyway, he did it again the other night! Not because he thought it was going to feed him, but I think he just loves Landon's nose. It was sooo funny!



-I have a dinosaur toy blocking Charlie from the kitchen, but sometimes he's naughty and will literally dive HEAD FIRST from it... Stinker! :)



-We celebrated Landon's birthday by going to Sushi and then having cake and opening presents. Charlie loved the wrapping paper! After we sang to Landon and he blew out the candles, Charlie started blowing too. He's so smart!

Giving Daddy birthday snuggles! 







-On Landon's birthday, Charlie decided to take his first independent steps! We are so proud of him and can't believe how big he's getting! He'll take 4-5 steps on his own, but is still pretty wobbly. :)


-Charlie is SO playful and fun! He looooooves to rough house and get tickled and also loves to play peek-a-boo



-When Landon gets home from work, Charlie BOLTS over to him and gets so excited. He also had the same reaction when Nini came over the other day, but I didn't get it on camera.


-He is doing SO much better at going right down for his naps, with the occasional exception of course. I usually only have to go in once or twice to lay him back down before he falls asleep.






-Charlie got his first big "owie" and pretty much broke our hearts! He LOVES to walk around the coffee table, but this time he fell and hit his head and then bit his lip. Of course I thought he needed stitches because he was bleeding, but it stopped quickly... but Charlie still had a huge puffy lip the rest of the night. It really killed me to see my poor baby hurt like that!!!



-Over the past few weeks Charlie has developed "fear." It's so cute and SO sad at the same time. His fears include: grass, running water from the bathtub, and ceiling fans/light fixtures.



-Since Charlie is terrified of grass, I can lay a blanket down outside and he'll stay on it and play with toys. I can't wait for summer with this babe!





-Landon is building a paramotor and Charlie tested out the harness. He LOVED all the buckles and straps, but hopefully he doesn't get any ideas! ;)



-Charlie LOVES books and we read books for at least half an hour every single day. I love how much he loves reading! 



-Henry and Charlie are still the best of friends. Oliver still doesn't like to be close to him, but he did lick his face TWICE over the past month. So maybe there's hope? :)




-Charlie's "trick" this month has been trying to whistle. It's way too cute and of course he learned it from Daddy.


-Charlie is walking ALL over the place now. It is soooo cute to see his tiny little body wobbling around. It's our favorite thing! He will just walk out into the middle of the room and walk around with no prompting from us. He also learned how to climb stairs... Little stinker! 



-Suzette helped me take Charlie's one year pictures. It was a rainy/cloudy day and Charlie was being VERY serious, but they still turned out pretty cute. Here are some of the outtakes. I seriously could not have taken these pictures without "Nini's" help! 

Giving his baby kisses. He LOOOOVES that thing!












-Charlie went on his very first wagon ride! I wasn't sure how he would do with holding on or if he would stay sitting... so I took him for a little practice ride around our kitchen and he did great so we went outside. He LOVED it and I can't wait to take him on more rides this summer! Thanks for the awesome Christmas present Grandpa and Grandma! 










-We celebrated Charlie's first Easter! Holidays are so much more fun with kids! The Easter Bunny came and left Charlie some eggs filled with his favorite treat... yogurt melts! He also left him a cute dinosaur toy and of course wrote his initial in chocolate. We had such a fun day! 























-Charlie has gradually been weaning off nursing (and we will be stopping altogether in a few days... I'm heartbroken!!!) so now he only nurses at night and has whole milk bottles during the day. He LOOOVES milk! I was worried he wouldn't like it at first, but he seriously just chugged it!


-Charlie makes the BEST faces. He's recently learned how to do a fishy face and he can also roll his tongue. He also makes the cutest "squeal" sound and I just can't get enough of it. He's just way too cute!!!! 





And a few more random pictures and videos, because he's just way too cute and I can't stop taking them! :)




Sunday best! 


Hanging with Nana!
Visiting Daddy at work!

My snuggle bug!












That grumpy face though....
HEAVEN!!!!!! I can't remember the last time he fell asleep on me!
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...