Friday, November 25, 2016

Seven Years.

Happy Seventh Anniversary to the love of my life and my very best friend.


I remember crying as I wrote our anniversary post last year, knowing that it was our last anniversary just the two of us. I knew that having a baby would change everything, and it has.

Landon and I had so much time just the two of us. We adventured. We had lazy mornings hanging out in our bed. Every night was date night. And even though I've always dreamed of being a mom and couldn't wait for that day, part of me was sooooo scared of what becoming parents would do to our marriage. 


Well, now I'm crying again, but this time because my heart is just so full and so grateful. Watching Landon become a dad and watching him love Charlie... I just don't even have the words. It has been the most incredible experience. My love for Landon is deeper and more meaningful then ever before. 


Our marriage has always been important, the most important. But now it's not just about Landon and me. It's about our little family we've created. It's the most beautiful thing and I really can't find the right words to explain how happy my heart is.


Now every November 25th isn't just about Landon and me, but it is about our family. As soon as Charlie was born, our marriage did change, but for the better. 

The transition from just the two of us to the three of us has had some growing pains, as we navigated through becoming parents. But we've worked through them together and we are stronger because of it. We are definitely not perfect, and of course our marriage is not perfect. And even though we are not always on the same page, we are ALWAYS on the same team. And that is what marriage is all about.


Today we celebrated by watching our wedding video, going to a movie just the two of us (Dr. Strange), and then we picked our little mister up for some sushi. Tonight we're going to City Creek for Cheesecake Factory and Christmas lights at Temple Square. We feel so very blessed and so incredibly happy.


Landon Dean, thank you for choosing me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being my best friend and making me laugh EVERY day with all of your puns. Thank you for accepting me for who I am and telling me I'm beautiful when I haven't washed my hair in four days. Thank you for being the best husband and best father. I love you SO much and I'm so grateful that you are mine! Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...