Friday, November 18, 2016

Charlie's Name

I never posted the story of how we came up with Charlie's name, and I definitely want this recorded somewhere. It's not a long story, but it's cute and special. :)


When Landon and I were on our babymoon in Hawaii, we went snorkeling at Kuilima Cove on the north shore. I say "we" but I really mean Landon went snorkeling. I didn't realize how impossible it would be to swim with a huge belly.


Landon is such a fish and loves to swim and be in the water. After snorkeling for about 20 minutes or so, he came running up to the beach to tell me that he saw a sea turtle. He was seriously giddy! He'd never had an experience like that before and he was just soooo happy.


Of course I wanted to know what the sea turtle's name was, so I asked Landon. He immediately said, "Charlie." 

Later that day we were driving to get some Matsumotos shave ice and I said, "Landon, I actually think Charlie is a really cute name!" I thought for sure Landon was going to shoot it down, because we really had a hard time agreeing on names... but, Landon told me he loved it too! 

Charlie was then added to our list of names that we liked (we had 4), but it was never a front runner. When Charlie was born, he was still "Baby Boy." While we were in the recovery room and I was doing skin to skin, we started talking about all the other names that we had really liked but Landon kept saying no, he's not "Name" (I don't want to give it away in case we have another baby boy and use that name haha). 

When Landon said, "I think his name is Charlie," it just felt so right. 


So there you have it, Charlie was named after a sea turtle in Hawaii! :) 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...