Friday, September 30, 2011
I hadn’t even told Landon my theory about us acting more like newlyweds now than 2 years ago, but he brought up the same point :)
I think that’s how marriage should be. You shouldn’t be the most in love right at first. Don’t get me wrong, you should still be CRAZY about each other when you first get married… but you’re love should grow and grow and grow so every year is a little better than the last.
It reminds me of the Brad Paisley song, "Then." When I married Landon I thought I loved him SO much, but looking back now it's pretty much nothing compared to how much I love him today! I didn't think I could love him anymore. I think when I look back on today 10 years from now and read this post, I'll laugh and say "wow, I thought I loved him then? Look how much I love him now!"
People always tell me I’m still in the “newlywed” phase… but guess what? We’re going to be in this phase all of our life. And I know it’s just going to keep getting better and better.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
He is officially an instrument rated pilot which means he gets to fly through the clouds and communicate with ATC… like the big wigs!
This is a HUGE deal people! The instrument rating is the hardest one to get, but Landon just flew right through training (pun intended). You should hear the way his instructor raves about him. I don't thinks she's ever had anyone get their instrument this fast! He’s amazing and such a natural…totally born to FLY :)
On top of the training, he had to take a written test, an oral test, and then a check ride with an examiner from the FAA. Pretty much he was drilled for EIGHT hours.
Last week he went to Chinese at work and got a fortune that said "you'll pass your next test with FLYING colors." Coincidence? I don't think so! :) We celebrated last night by going out to our favorite restaurant...RED LOBSTER! Mmmm!
I’m so happy for my Landon Dean! One step closer to his dream of being a commercial pilot… I couldn’t be more proud!!!
Friday, September 16, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Families are forever. I'm so grateful for the temple!
Monday, September 12, 2011
- I really want to start photography... but something is holding me back...Fear! Fear of failing. Fear of not being very good and not having anyone that even wants me to take their pictures. Ugggh. It's hard when what you've planned and prepared for doesn't work out. I should just be a TEACHER right now and not even have to worry about a back-up plan. I'm feeling a little hopeless today.
- I'm not ready to have kids. Despite my constant daydreams and hopes to be one day a mother. I'm just not ready YET. Sue me. I love this time I have with just Landon and me. It's perfect and I want to soak in EVERY minute of it. Once your a parent, there's just no going back and I know it'll never be the same. So for now, I'm enjoying the moment. Loving the phase we're in.
- I almost started my apartment on fire. It all happened so fast. I was literally boiling water to make linguine alfredo and somehow started a fire. Later Landon told me that he wasn't scared that I started a fire. He was more scared of my reaction. Haha! I need to learn how to ACT under pressure instead of just standing there and letting Landon know there's a fire. Woops!
- I hate Mondays, mainly because I for a whole weekend I got to be with my sweetheart for every minute and then it's suddenly ripped away from me and I don't get to see him for 12 hours. It's a tough adjustment. I just hate being away from him.
- I've made a lot of goals in the past week and have already seen major improvements in my life. It's true that by "small and simple things, great things are brought to pass." I have been reading one general conference talk a day. So uplifting and inspiring... and seriously LIFE changing. I'm so grateful for a prophet and modern revelation. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father hears my prayers and answers them through scriptures and through the words of His apostles. Read one of my favorites here. I highly recommend it.
- I have a crush on my husband. He's a stud. You know how people talk about the "twitterpated" phase of new love... well we are never leaving it. His cute emails throughout the day literally fill my tummy with butterflies. Seeing him after a long day at work gets my heart pounding! And don't even get me started about how "woozy" I get when he kisses me. He's my dream boy and I'm so lucky to have him!
- We had Landon's cousins over this weekend to sleepover (ages 11, 10, and 7). I think that's why I realized I'm not ready for kids just yet :) it was very fun, but VERY exhausting and I felt like I didn't get enough "Landon" time.
- Sometimes I miss my family and friends so much it hurts. But I know we are where we are supposed to be and I absolutely love it here.
- Landon wants to build an airplane. Like a real one. I told him he has to buy me a house first :) This is the one I have my eye on. Nothing fancy, but it's exactly what I want for our first home.
- My favorite moments are when Landon and I are just hanging out, doing nothing in particular. Just talking and enjoying each other's company, laughing our heads off. It's the little moments like that that I remember most. I love our simple life.
- I'm really really really hoping I get a calling to teach primary. I love kids SO much and since I don't get to teach in the schools I'm hoping I get to have my own little class of kids at church. Children are SO pure and Christ-like. I know they would teach me more than I could ever teach them. Crossing my fingers!!!
- Our friends from Texas are coming this weekend and we are SO excited! So far we have had a lot of people visit us and we hope it continues! We have an extra bedroom and an extra bathroom people! Please come see us!!!