- Well, first things first I'll explain why this blog has been completely neglected... I started a fitness blog! It's something I've been thinking about doing for months but finally got brave enough to actually do it. I've thought about how much I would love to be a personal trainer, how much I would love to help people, and how much I love to talk about fitness...so I decided to combine all of these things into one. Landon was really the one who helped give me the little push of confidence that I needed and so far it's been such a fun adventure. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported me so far by following along via my Facebook page, subscribing to my YouTube channel/doing my workout videos, and sharing my posts/videos/blog with their friends and family. I'm SO lucky to have such amazing friends and family! I really would love to help as many people as I can and it seriously makes my day to hear people say things like, "I just started working out last weekend and you really motivated me!" or "I saw how easy it was for you to lose weight and I've decided to start eating better!" Ahhh, it's the best you guys. So thank you for supporting me and thanks for following along! Click on the pictures to check out the blog posts ;)
- Halloween is one of our favorite holidays. I just love the fall and love this time of year. We love watching "spooky" movies all month, but since we were gone for most of October we really had to cram in the just the best ones like Casper, Hocus Pocus, Coraline, Corpse Bride, Hotel Transylvania...
When we got back from our trip we went to the store to get our pumpkins, but unfortunately there weren't many good ones left. We were both bummed, but decided to get 3 smaller pumpkins and make them our "love" pumpkins with an L, H, and a heart. Awww! They actually turned out to be really easy to carve and way less gunk to clean out. Plus, we LOVED the way they turned out :)
On the 31st, we had a cozy night at home watching Nightmare Before Christmas. I made spinach ravioli with orange sauce by mixing alfredo and marinara. It actually didn't taste that great, but hey at least it was festive right?
It was FREEZING and raining, so I was really worried that we wouldn't get any trick-or-treaters. One of my most favorite parts of having a home is that I finally get to hand out candy to all the cute kids! We get a huge bag of candy from Costco and of course I dress up for them :)
Luckily we still had enough to eat candy all day long for the rest of the weekend. I counted my wrappers on Sunday and I literally ate 21 fun size candy bars. And a ton of candy we bought in England. I felt SO sick! I guess that means I'm getting old! Do you remember being little and just eating candy all day and not feeling any different? Aw, those were the days :)
This chocolate frog from HP Studio was AMAZING. Solid, creamy chocolate. And we got the Albus Dumbledore card (which you can't see because of the flash). I was really hoping we got him!
- We've finally been able to use our boat again! The water levels are still low, but there's enough depth to get out of our marina. Yay! We love Viking and being out on the water together :)
- Landon's dad (Daren) came to visit for a weekend in November! It was so fun having him here and it went by WAY too fast. He had to be in Seattle for work, so he flew to Portland first and then drove to Seattle on Monday. I'm so glad it worked out!
On Saturday we took him out to the boat. He's seen Viking before, but last time her mast wasn't even up so all he got to do was ride around using the motor. It was a gorgeous sunny day, which meant there was basically no wind! So we motored up to our favorite anchor spot and had some lunch.
Keeping my boys safe! Can you see Mt. Hood in the background?On the way back, we had enough wind to sail! Yay! I'm so glad Daren got to experience sailing--I love seeing people's reaction to it. He LOVED it and kept saying how peaceful and fun it was. Sailing can be SUPER laid back and carefree and other times it's SO stressful and you're worried for your life (haha! I'm just exaggerating mom!) I'm glad that Daren's first experience was so fun and that he got to see what it's like to tack, pull the sheets, and man the helm :)
I just couldn't get over these cute clouds!
- My parents came to visit over Thanksgiving!! When they called to tell me they booked their flight I just broke down in tears. I just love them SO much and it was amazing to spend a week of quality time together! When I visit Utah, it's always overwhelming with how big my family is... so it's really nice to get some "two-on-two" time with my parents! :) We watched a few movies, went to dinner, went sailing, played tons of board games, decorated for Christmas, ate our weight in baked goods, and celebrated Thanksgiving with a feast of salmon, roast potatoes, broccoli, and red lobster biscuits. Ha! Not traditional, but trust me it was WAY better than turkey ;) Plus, I'm British so Thanksgiving hasn't ever been a huge deal in our family. I do LOVE the season and love that it's a time to spend with family and reflect on our blessings, but I'm not completely set on eating turkey every year :) Thanks SO much for coming to visit us Mom and Dad. We seriously had the BEST time!
Another intense game... Pandemic! :)
Best Thanksgiving meal I've EVER had. Go to Costco and buy the Red Lobster biscuit mix right NOW. Unbelievably delicious!!! Tastes better than at the restaurant :)
they are the cutest!!!
my dad was a natural on the helm!
Don't mind me, I'm just wearing 20 layers! Ha! I look like a marshmallow but it was FREEZING.
We love you guys! :)
- The little boy I nanny is staying with us for about a week while his family is in New York. It's been really fun having him at our house and doing a fun Christmas activity every night. We went to an arcade, visited Santa, went to see the Christmas Zoo Lights, and saw Big Hero 6.
We rode the train to the zoo and he was thrilled. So cute!
My favorite part. Of course :)
The bats are so fun to watch. At least behind glass ;)
- We celebrated our 5th anniversary on November 25th! I can't believe that we've been married for so long--it's gone by so fast! But at the same time, it feels like I've always been with Landon. I can't imagine my life without him. Isn't it weird how that works?! Same thing with our puppies. I try to think about what life was like without them and I just can't. They've just always been in our family! I'm sure the same thing will happen when we have a baby too. In fact, I basically talk about our future kids like they exist and are part of our family already...I'm just crazy like that! :)
- Life is good! I have my boys, a wonderful family, amazing friends, and everything I need. I am one lucky girl!